DC Sound Lab

Think I Might Need A Recone

• 2 weeks later...

between half and 3/4 i think. but its usually not visible when i set it up ( bc its facing down) but i realized that my amp is technically not rated for bridged at 2ohm. so wtf.

Holy fawk! Dude, I bet your clipping the heck out of it! Set your gains with a o-scope. I'd just recone it and tune the gains properly, or get a more powerful amp (and set the gains on that properly :P ).

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

for now (just temporarily) soldering the leads back together and turning your gain down might last for a decent while. But where you from, let us know so we can hook you up with a recone!!

moose

J.A.M AUDIO

Owner

North Texas

Authorized DC Sound Lab Dealers

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Holy fawk! Dude, I bet your clipping the heck out of it! Set your gains with a o-scope. I'd just recone it and tune the gains properly, or get a more powerful amp (and set the gains on that properly :P ).

Yeh I tuned with a dmm. I don't really have the extra money for an o-scope, otherwise I would have bought an o-scope and a new amp already. You know of any super cheap that still work good?

You cant really judge someones gains like that... theres sooooo much more to do with it... who knows maybe his deck puts out shit for voltage and his gain is right on the money.... just sayin cant make that assumption. I mean my old Alpine CDA-9856 made .6Volts at volume 21 out of 35, so my gain was almost the way up because thats where it was supposed to be set at.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals