Second Skin Audio

Experimental Enclosure

Ok, I want to build a symmetrical Transmission Line enclosure for a Audiopulse 10" Revo; but im not sure if this would work or not. So i thought up this design; a Dual-ported, phase, t-line. I need the port to be 10 ft. long with 49.6 square inches of port area. So i just divided the dimensions for the port by two and got this:

RevoT-line.jpg

RevoT-line2.jpg

Each port will be 12x2" and 5ft. long

Any feedback would be welcomed :D

I doubt it will work as intended, but it sure as hell looks cool. By cutting the port length in half (5 feet on each side instead of 10) it's gonna raise the tuning a lot. Cutting the port width in half won't make up for that difference either. However, I'd love for you to build it and see what it sounds like! Might be a cool new design that'll get popular. Or maybe it'll sound like shit. Only one way to find out! :santa:

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

I doubt it will work as intended, but it sure as hell looks cool. By cutting the port length in half (5 feet on each side instead of 10) it's gonna raise the tuning a lot. Cutting the port width in half won't make up for that difference either. However, I'd love for you to build it and see what it sounds like! Might be a cool new design that'll get popular. Or maybe it'll sound like shit. Only one way to find out! :santa:

oh, so it would come out to two ports tuned to 56 hz each wouldn't it? instead of the 28hz i was shooting for...

is there anyway i could reach the 28hz tuning with 2 ports without making them 10ft long?

this guy has a box built kinda like urs but with only one port, n it sounds like it hits lows pritty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd02_0CIKB8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdQ2i0oN9E&feature=related

hmm, maby with a lil more tuning it should sound better

i kno it will work cause thats how jl audio designs there ported boxs, and have em made for the w7's so i dnt see why it wouldn't, should wang too, just dunno bout air flow tho, looks like left sides air would try to blow down the right port n visa versa, and ied slap some plexi on top of that box just to show all the curves :)

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

this guy has a box built kinda like urs but with only one port, n it sounds like it hits lows pritty good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd02_0CIKB8&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmdQ2i0oN9E&feature=related

hmm, maby with a lil more tuning it should sound better

i kno it will work cause thats how jl audio designs there ported boxs, and have em made for the w7's so i dnt see why it wouldn't, should wang too, just dunno bout air flow tho, looks like left sides air would try to blow down the right port n visa versa, and ied slap some plexi on top of that box just to show all the curves :)

ya im worried about wave cancellation with the ports facing each other...but im determined to make this design work...hoping forevrbumpn will chime in eventually haha

With a tline two 5ft lines does not equal one 10ft line. Looks like there you have 48sqin of line @58hz

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

With a tline two 5ft lines does not equal one 10ft line. Looks like there you have 48sqin of line @58hz

haha ya, i figure out the tuning problem shortly after maxim's post...but you can add the two separate port areas together, correct?

Archived