Second Skin Audio

box draw-up

marine87

hello everyone,

i need some help. i've decided to go with 4 AQ HDC3 15's:) but i can't seem to get the draw-up right. i'm using the RE box calculator, and i can't seem to tune it right. here are my available specs:

Box width-48 inches

Box height-25 inches

box top & bottom depth- 36 inches

i'm shooting for 18 cubes net, with 288^2 inches of port(16^2 inches per cube) tuned to around 38hz. i can give up a few more inches if necessary, but i think that this will suffice. im just asking if someone can hook a playa up with a rough(and i mean really really rough) sketch of what the box would look like, and what my cutouts will be. i want the subs up, and the port back. thanks to all who help out a fellow basshead!

Keep Banging Gents,

The Marine

Corporal, USMC

Well i was only able to get 17.4 net cubes with your parameters, and that was before displacement :(

but here is summthin to maybe help ya

marinetuning.jpg

marinebox.jpg

those are 15" cutouts on the top, instead of the 14.0625"...just realized that haha

hope this helped

Well i was only able to get 17.4 net cubes with your parameters, and that was before displacement :(

but here is summthin to maybe help ya

marinetuning.jpg

marinebox.jpg

those are 15" cutouts on the top, instead of the 14.0625"...just realized that haha

hope this helped

Man, that design is damn sexy. If we made it a bit taller and longer, by about 2 inches, we would be good? And I really appreciate it bra. Where you at in NC?

Corporal, USMC

marinetuning-1.jpg

hows this look? should give you the proper specs once you count in sub displacement and bracing...

hehe no problem, i live about 10-15 min east down highway 70 from cherry point...that little town before morehead city haha

marinetuning-1.jpg

hows this look? should give you the proper specs once you count in sub displacement and bracing...

hehe no problem, i live about 10-15 min east down highway 70 from cherry point...that little town before morehead city haha

are you talking about newport? man, i gotta come check ya out some time. we can discuss the whole setup:) i appreciate the help too.

Corporal, USMC

Archived