Sonic Electronix

Loading is basically how the movement of the cone reacts to the volume of air on either side of the baffle. Generally if you have all the subs facing one way, the difference in loading will be negligible. when you do ported clamshells or certain bandpass designs with double stage baffles (multiple direction firing), after lots of play time, they could end up having different coil impedances.

Higher loads can generally yield better cone control and in most cases (that I'm thinking of) lower tuning. You can use it to your advantage to yield a better response once you get a better grasp on it.

EDIT: I just noticed your title says Ohm loading. That's something completely different than your actual question.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Loading is basically how the movement of the cone reacts to the volume of air on either side of the baffle. Generally if you have all the subs facing one way, the difference in loading will be negligible. when you do ported clamshells or certain bandpass designs with double stage baffles (multiple direction firing), after lots of play time, they could end up having different coil impedances.

Higher loads can generally yield better cone control and in most cases (that I'm thinking of) lower tuning. You can use it to your advantage to yield a better response once you get a better grasp on it.

EDIT: I just noticed your title says Ohm loading. That's something completely different than your actual question.

Oh ok, you answered my question...i wasn't quite sure what to put as the title, because i wasn't quite sure what i was asking haha.

Thanks for the info bruh!

Archived