I have never replaced a rotor before, but twice, on two different vehicles, i have broke studs. On my 91 s10 once the caliper was off, you just had to tap the rotor to break it loose. Then, geeeeh, on my civic. after the caliper weas off, i had to use an axle puller/slide hammer to pop that bitch off. Let's just say i spent a minute banging on that bitch, and i am not looking forward to putting new rotors on it. :(

well how do you like them? My brand new brakes are already making noise so i may just "brake-down" and get me some new rotors too. I wonder if ill have to do all that to change it though......i mean if a Helicopter mechanic is rounding off bolts then my truck REALLY isnt going to like my channel-lock "ratchet" set. (j/k i use vice grips :D)

I don't think you'll have that big of a problem with yours since it's 2wd and newer than mine. Hopefully it's just the type that slides off the studs after taking off the caliper.

As for the one rounded off bolt - trust me, I've taken a drill to plenty of helicopter bolts and fasteners. Generally it's not my fault :rolleyes: . I usually blame the bolt roundness on the guy who messed with it before me. :lol: .

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I have never replaced a rotor before, but twice, on two different vehicles, i have broke studs. On my 91 s10 once the caliper was off, you just had to tap the rotor to break it loose. Then, geeeeh, on my civic. after the caliper weas off, i had to use an axle puller/slide hammer to pop that bitch off. Let's just say i spent a minute banging on that bitch, and i am not looking forward to putting new rotors on it. :(

I've replaced rotors on all kinds of cars and trucks, Hondas too, and none of them were close to as bad as this one. My old 4x4 Nissan Hardbody was close, but that was just because of the automatic hubs.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Kinda Off Topic but do most of you get your brake pads from the dealer, Parts store or where? I've always gone to the dealer to purchase the pads and have never had a problem.

I know alot of these Pep boys/Autozone places have "Free Lifetime replacement pads" and there's a reason for the cheap price...you'll be back real soon to replace them. B)

Kinda Off Topic but do most of you get your brake pads from the dealer, Parts store or where? I've always gone to the dealer to purchase the pads and have never had a problem.

I know alot of these Pep boys/Autozone places have "Free Lifetime replacement pads" and there's a reason for the cheap price...you'll be back real soon to replace them. B)

I ususlly go to the parts store, and never have had good luck with their pads.. These ceramics are the same as if you order through the GM dealer. I was up there to pick up a hub assy bolt :huh: yesterday, and they had some sitting on the counter.