Finally Got My System But Not The One I Planned On

yeaa i see what u mean now. how do i tune it though??

Well most people design their box using a frequency calculator, and end up getting at least near the tuning they aimed for. There are a few factors that go into the tuning, like volume of air inside the box, port area, the sub's resonant frequency (natural frequency). I'm not telling you what to do, but you got some good subs and good amps, if I were you I would build a new box thats bigger and tuned lower, it will sound like its hitting twice as hard. For now I'm sure it sounds really loud, but after a while you will get used to it and want it louder.

th_DSCN0325.jpg

Just to give you an idea, here's my sub. I got it in a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 35hz, its seein about 400wrms. The video and sound on my camera both suck but you can tell its hittin nice and low.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

Well what was the tuning you originally went with for the box you have brad?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Nearly everyone will tell you to tune low, but its really all what you want. I've found that tuning small subs low and bigger subs higher helps to have an even sound. Small subs are inherently good at high notes, and cant really put out the lows, so tuning them low will even that out. And vice versa.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

well damn are u serious bout building a bigger box cause that on is pretty big. Hey i will get another video in tomorrow. Cause its weird on some songs with lows it hits real hard but others that are close dont hit as hard....

Nearly everyone will tell you to tune low, but its really all what you want. I've found that tuning small subs low and bigger subs higher helps to have an even sound. Small subs are inherently good at high notes, and cant really put out the lows, so tuning them low will even that out. And vice versa.

Not to argue Sean, but don't most people agree that with your average sub, especially a 12, they just sound better tuned lower than higher? I agree with you tho, its all about what you want, and if you want to really feel the bass, you'll want to tune lower.

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz

well damn are u serious bout building a bigger box cause that on is pretty big. Hey i will get another video in tomorrow. Cause its weird on some songs with lows it hits real hard but others that are close dont hit as hard....

Yeah, I'm serious. It's all up to you, it's hard to tell from eyeballing, but that box doesn't look that big at all, also, you might be tuned much lower than it appears, a lot of cameras have that effect. Still, that box is slappin and you got yourself some good quality stuff. Nice job on the box also, its def very loud.

Edited by 07mazda3s

Power Acoustik fubar 12

sony xploding amp

2 ft^3 box @ 35hz