Sonic Electronix

I just thought it wasn't a brilliant idea nor was I calling him out...

The 3.5mm should be fine... unless you want to dish out a lot of money for a digital processor. I wouldn't do that unless you are running all high end sq type equipment. You can change the output format if you are worried about sound quality.

Simply use the PC as a media source. You can skip the HU if you want to by getting something like a audison bit one and using the optical out from the pc to the processor. Take the preouts from the processor to your amps.

Your the man Moti, that's the kind of info I'm looking for! I will google "audison bit one" and see what kind of goodies it has. I heard RF makes some 360 processor or some thing like that but it's expensive. Any way thanks again!

Your weren't as bad calling him out by the way. There are much worst responses in other threads.

I will say I'm surprised there are not more responses. Any way I purchased a 3 foot 3.5 mini jack today and will install tomorrow or Sunday.

Edited by 1miracle2

2017 Ford EcoBoost Mustang, Grabber Blue

Single 10" Dual 2 OHM Skar EVL 4thOrderBandpass

doors & rear all Orion

Custom 1 of a kind 15" Android.

Sorry that suggestion is just stupid. That is a splitter, you can't take three sources and combine it into one. Take the 3.5mm front left and right output from your pc directly to the input of the HU. There is nothing else to it, really simple. The three other outputs are for different channels, intended for a 5.1 setup.

Meh. Not terribly stupid. Which output from his computer would you suggest he plugs the 3.5mm into? I don't think it'd make any difference, but if he's watching movies or anything like that on his computer that has more than just a left and right channel (intended for a 5.1 setup) then he'll be missing the audio going to his other channels. By daisy chaining them all together he's not losing any of the sound.

And yes, you can take 3 sources and combine it into one. If you look at the links and put it together in your head, it's very clearly 3 3.5mm outputs becoming 1 3.5mm output. I'm sure it wont sound 100% the exact same as if it was originally 1 output, but it does what I said it does.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Meh. Not terribly stupid. Which output from his computer would you suggest he plugs the 3.5mm into? I don't think it'd make any difference, but if he's watching movies or anything like that on his computer that has more than just a left and right channel (intended for a 5.1 setup) then he'll be missing the audio going to his other channels. By daisy chaining them all together he's not losing any of the sound.

And yes, you can take 3 sources and combine it into one. If you look at the links and put it together in your head, it's very clearly 3 3.5mm outputs becoming 1 3.5mm output. I'm sure it wont sound 100% the exact same as if it was originally 1 output, but it does what I said it does.

Still that doesn't make any sense... no offense. A splitter is intended to take an output and convert it to two outputs.

It does make a difference. Each output is for different channels. Simply take the L/R output which is stereo and send it to your HU. On your sound card settings you set the output type, 2 channels, 4 channels, 5 channels, etc.

If's he worried about a 5.1 setup and movies, then he'll most definitely need a processor and the addition of the center channel in your car. In a car the center channel is pointless, you can get away with a really good L/R front stage.

777319156.png

I went w/the 3.5 out from PC into HU.

I'm out of $$ for now, I purchased a small external HDD, USB hub and Win7.

Sound processor will have to wait a long while unfortunately,  that's why I went w/3.5.

Any way, Thanks fellas!

2017 Ford EcoBoost Mustang, Grabber Blue

Single 10" Dual 2 OHM Skar EVL 4thOrderBandpass

doors & rear all Orion

Custom 1 of a kind 15" Android.