Sonic Electronix

Could you run two 4ohm DVC subs at 1ohm and one 2ohm dvc sub at 1ohm and run them together to get a 2 ohm load w 3 subs?

wait ok so u wanna run 2 subs each with 1 ohm load and other sub with a different ohm load? why not just get the three subs with the same vc's and wire them like this for 4 ohm vc's

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/3DVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

and like this for 2 ohm subs

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/3DVC_2-ohm_mono.jpg

yeah ude be running 2.7 ohms instead of 2 but ide reccomend all the subs matching

and if u did it ur way the third sub might be out of phase... not sure though

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

and if u did it ur way the third sub might be out of phase... not sure though

The subs would not be out of phase. However, it would sound all funky. Here's why:

Let's say your amp puts out 1000w rms @ 2 ohms. It goes out to your subs. It hits the spot where there's 2 subs wired on one side and 1 sub wired on the other side. Both sides have a total resistance of 1 ohm, so the power splits evenly between them. your 2ohm DVC sub gets 500w and your 2 4ohm subs get another 500w. Now this poses a problem because the 500w going to the 4ohm subs will be split again to go to each of those subs. Your 4ohm subs will only be getting 250w a piece, while your 2ohm sub will be getting 500w by itself. That sub will move a lot more, and the other two won't be able to keep up. It'll sound sloppy and just won't sound right. If you wanna run 3 subs, sell the 2ohm one and get another 4ohm one.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

ok thats what I was thinkin...

It is the same exact sub... just different ohm vc's

yeah runnin 3 subs can get tricky.. especially with dvc's but ide stick with what crutchfield says haha play it save and give up .7 ohms cuz if it end up being out of phase u got 1 sub that u cant use.. and that would suuuuck

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

The subs would not be out of phase. However, it would sound all funky. Here's why:

Let's say your amp puts out 1000w rms @ 2 ohms. It goes out to your subs. It hits the spot where there's 2 subs wired on one side and 1 sub wired on the other side. Both sides have a total resistance of 1 ohm, so the power splits evenly between them. your 2ohm DVC sub gets 500w and your 2 4ohm subs get another 500w. Now this poses a problem because the 500w going to the 4ohm subs will be split again to go to each of those subs. Your 4ohm subs will only be getting 250w a piece, while your 2ohm sub will be getting 500w by itself. That sub will move a lot more, and the other two won't be able to keep up. It'll sound sloppy and just won't sound right. If you wanna run 3 subs, sell the 2ohm one and get another 4ohm one.

oh ok thanks. that would explain why my last 3 sub setup i put in a friends car was wierding out haha

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

oh ok thanks. that would explain why my last 3 sub setup i put in a friends car was wierding out haha

HAHA yeah. There was a guy on here who had 2 subs in his trunk, but he noticed one was moving a lot more and was louder than the other. He pulled them out and checked them and sure enough one was a 2ohm sub and one was 4ohms and he had just wired them together to the same amp.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Archived