Lownoma,Full Fiberglass dash Build

yea for the dash...I know you painted it up, but I can't see you leaving it like that haha...

and yea that stretch job looks pretty simple (no huge compound curves), but that skeleton is the shit.

sooner or later.....ill build a dash for the cavi..right now ..its just nice to have that car gone....when its not sitting here....i dont dump money into it... :)

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

while the mat was setting up.....on the passenger side of the dash...I started shaping out the drivers side with 36 grit...

then I used my mock up gauges for some test fitting...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a little rough around the edges..... :) but its just the glass at this point..For strength reasons...Ill get 95% of my final shape.........with NO mudd.

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

then I moved down to the areas around the head unit opening....and the switch panel..

first I had to remove some tape...and pull out the "plug" for the switch panel...

Posted Image

once the "plug" is removed...cut out the dry fabric... you can also see the pilot holes for the switches..

Posted Image

knock down the high spots with 36 and cover the pilot holes....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looking good tim! I keep getting buterflies in my tummy every time i see it! I cant wait to get some paint on it!

so do ya like what ya see so far.... :) I switched it up a bit... from what we discussed...as far as the gauge positioning goes...this will put these gauges on each side of the screen when its open..

Archived