Sonic Electronix

How to install a aftrmrkt hu in grand prix w/ bose stereo

you either have to buy an adapter to let the head unit use the factory bose amp or you have to replace all the speakers and run new wire to them. personally i'd put new speakers in... anything aftermarket will blow the bose shit away...

you either have to buy an adapter to let the head unit use the factory bose amp or you have to replace all the speakers and run new wire to them. personally i'd put new speakers in... anything aftermarket will blow the bose shit away...

btw Bose isn't anything to do with the speakers at all, its the amplification to the speakers, the speakers are one in the same as the normal non bose speaker setups. LOTS of people buy the adapter and are fine with the output after

it totally depends on what you buy...some of the stock setups now adays are alot more capable then crap aftermarket equipment

Edited by James

yeah, by a long shot. good speakers, plus good wire and a (decent) amp in the aftermarket head unit will outperform the bose setup. especially if you have an external amp on the mids and highs... it will make a big difference.

edit: I think factory bose setups are not so great IMO. i think good aftermarket stuff certainly is better. and aren't bose speakers lower impedence than the normal stock speakers?

Edited by kdicetharappa

Ok so i dont rly want to go all out and rip all of my speakers out an redo it all. Maybe in the future. But for now i just wanna lil bump in my trunk. So i thought the correct harness was a PAC-OEM 2? Or so ive heard more often than what james suggested up top. All i gotta do is just plug that in and ill be good??

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.