Sonic Electronix

Okay well im slooowly working on my system and i was starting to wonder about my front half now. The car is a 91' Sidekick. For the rear i have some custom panels made with Rockford Punch 6x9's. And for the front stage i was going to just put some RF 4" in the stock location, which is in the front of the dash firing toward the floor. But today i was thinking about it and RF 6.5" are the same price as the 4" so i began thinking about putting in door pods with 1 or 2 6.5" in each door. So my question is will the door pods with the speakers down low still work well for front speakers? And would all of the extra work be worh it over just filling the stock location with 4"?

depends on how the are angled.. remember carpet dampens sound so if they are pointed more at the feet you wont be able to hear them as well.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

yes since the sound waves would travel up toward you instead of at the floor.. might think about maybe doin a kick panel for one and put the other in the door?

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

its not a sidekick, but avalons have a 4in stock, and i upgraded to 6.5 in comps in door pods (check my buildlog if you wanna see exactly how it was done. also, i had rockford 4's...so i'm coming from a very similar spot)

9000% better. 4's arent even an option IMHO. run 2 sets of rockford 6.5's and run em at 2ohm a channel on a beefy amp and you'll be a very happy person.

and dont worry about facing them up or whatever. if you run comps put the tweets high. if you run coax, just fire them across. I angled my rear ones way up and it made almost no difference (besides looking doofy and killing legroom)the woofers can be mounted basically the same angle as the door and still sound great.

Edited by raytard

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

its not a sidekick, but avalons have a 4in stock, and i upgraded to 6.5 in comps in door pods (check my buildlog if you wanna see exactly how it was done. also, i had rockford 4's...so i'm coming from a very similar spot)

9000% better. 4's arent even an option IMHO. run 2 sets of rockford 6.5's and run em at 2ohm a channel on a beefy amp and you'll be a very happy person.

and dont worry about facing them up or whatever. if you run comps put the tweets high. if you run coax, just fire them across. I angled my rear ones way up and it made almost no difference (besides looking doofy and killing legroom)the woofers can be mounted basically the same angle as the door and still sound great.

Thanx for the help. I think i am definently going to try the pods but now i need some help on where to get the pieces of wood to hold them. I want an oval piece with two holes for 6.5" speakers. Its kind of hard to explain, i will try and draw somthing up. What would the best way to get these be?

dude, go to member builds and look around.... there is only like 125 threads on people doing door pods.... from basic "It makes Sound" to FTW "Leather wraps and back-lit plexiglass.

Look around on here and you can find your answer without asking the question

:werd_msword:

Does this smell funny to you? Its your sister :roflmao:

Okay, well i pretty much have everything figured out now but im still confused about how to attch it to the door. Most of what i have seen on here is building seperate pods that fit into some type of stock location, and are screwed or glued down. But my door pannels are very simple, just a flat piece of 1/4 wood. So im wondering if i build the pods seperately and then mount them to the pannel, or fiberglass them all toghether to the door pannel. I would prefer to just fiberglass them straight to the door because i would be able to make them look "seamless" but im not sure if it matters which way.

Okay, well i pretty much have everything figured out now but im still confused about how to attch it to the door. Most of what i have seen on here is building seperate pods that fit into some type of stock location, and are screwed or glued down. But my door pannels are very simple, just a flat piece of 1/4 wood. So im wondering if i build the pods seperately and then mount them to the pannel, or fiberglass them all toghether to the door pannel. I would prefer to just fiberglass them straight to the door because i would be able to make them look "seamless" but im not sure if it matters which way.

Your door panel is a 1/4 sheet of wood? I need pics of that.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt