Fi btl 18"

bassHZ

(taking notes for a buds future build) would one fi btl 18" dual 2ohm be ok wired parallel at 1ohm to one fosgate t2500-1bd as in will it run nice and regular and wont get damged ...and i also got a question its says dual 2 ohm but in the specs it says they're 1.4 ohm coils will this change my impeadence to lower than 1 ohm https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn154bcd26810dc5b/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0010_BTL/product_overview.shopscript

note:will be using an 0 scope to set gains thanks to any one that helps and will do electrical upgrades by far only done big three to come extra bat and ho alt

cowboys_logo.gif

youre never going to get a 1 ohm woofer thats EXACTLY 1 ohm, itll always be something like .6 to 1.4. same with 2 ohm, 4 ohm, etc etc

oo ok i see how it is now.. and what the diffrence between daily and spl which one will last longer

cowboys_logo.gif

oo ok i see how it is now.. and what the diffrence between daily and spl which one will last longer

daily will probly last u longer. spl is made specifically for playing bass tones. not music the tolerences in the coil n shit is to tight. but spl will bhe louder if ur only love is a 30 hz bass tone haha

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Daily or SPL: Simply put, if you plan on listening to any type of music you MUST choose the daily option. If it is strictly for a competion/tone only scenario then choose the SPL option. The reason we have these options is the gap tolerances between the two are different. The gap in the SPL woofer is much tighter and FAR less forgiving in comparison to the Daily option. The Daily option simply gives the coil more wiggle room inside of the gap to deal with the non-linearity tendencies that you can get into when you are using a sub in a daily driving scenario. Typically SPL applications deal with 1 note and it does not change, therefore we can make the gap much tighter and get all of the motor strength that we can out of it.

Taken from Fi's website in the tech section.

Archived