Sonic Electronix

Static noise coming thru speakers

I just installed a Pioneer AVH P4200DVD and I noticed that while switching between sources I can hear this static noise (kinda like when you turn your radio to a station with no reception) and the noise increases with volume and I get this noise with the vehicle on or off. I also get some type of noise going to my subs during the same time. I unhooked the rcas from the unit and the noise is still there, I even tried to reground the unit. If anyone can help please chime in.

bad speaker connections? or need the radio rca's grounded out damn pioneers

SKAR_468x60.jpg

1998 Nissan 200sx

NOW:

Dex-p98r head

Planet Audio 300.4 mids and highs

Planet Audio/Pioneer tweeters/crossovers

Skar SK1500.1

3 SKAR Vvx15 dual 4 wired at .63

Ok I spliced into the factory wires and hooked them directly to the hu, my factory speakers are 2 ohm but my hu is 4 ohm. so i figured this may be the problem, and as far as the subwoofers I checked the grounds using a dmm and they all measured out fine, just dont know why my hu sending signals thru the speaker wires and the rcas. I call pioneer and all the tech kept saying was grounding grounding grounding

Ok I spliced into the factory wires and hooked them directly to the hu, my factory speakers are 2 ohm but my hu is 4 ohm. so i figured this may be the problem, and as far as the subwoofers I checked the grounds using a dmm and they all measured out fine, just dont know why my hu sending signals thru the speaker wires and the rcas. I call pioneer and all the tech kept saying was grounding grounding grounding

Do you still have the factory headunit?

- Pioneer DEH-6000 Headunit

- (2) 6.5" Infinity KAPPA 63.9I Speakers

- (2) 6x9 Infinity KAPPA 693.9I Speakers

- (2) 12" JL Audio 12W0-V2 Subwoofers

- Boston Acoustic GT-22 ( Running to subs )

Archived