Second Skin Audio

Box building question

So me and a friend were wondering, how long do you really NEED to wait till you play subs in a new box. I mean, how long after caulking and everything. I know silicone caulk usually doesnt cure fully for 24 hours. Hell, some stuff we use at work takes days. But after a few hours its usually solid enough for us to load the windows onto the trucks, usually on their sides, with pieces of glass ranging from 50-500 lbs, and multiple pieces in these frames. If we shoot a frame (with caulk) at 8am we can usually load it around noon. Using this logic, with the right caulk, you could be bangin your new box in a few hours.

But what would happen (negatively) that would be bad if you threw a sub in a box after...4, but didnt play it for about 10 (load it all up at night so its ready to go in the morning.)

Just some things i was wondering. I know acid cure caulk can release acetic acid and that is supposed to be bad to the surrounds? How long till this effect has passed? I know nothing about acid cure since we use neutral at work.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

This forum is alot slower than I remember...lol :ehh:

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

Archived