need some alt help asap

You don't need to drain your battery because it won't help you any. Your voltage regulator controls the voltage and your alternator produces the amperage based on demand. If you want a set point then an MLA or adjustable regulator would be ideal.

It will NOT help to drain the battery completely since you have an RPM issue.

Your voltage is one thing and the amount of amps you put out at your desired voltage is another

So when there is little to no demand at idle in your car. You'll probably use 20-30 amps or so. Your voltage will be in the 12.5 or 13.5 ish range. When you increase the engine RPM you can produce more amps if needed at your desired voltage if you have your own personal set point or at the voltage regulators set point without dipping as long as the alternator isn't being over worked.

Heat plays a factor in most situations because of it being in the engine bay. So the amount of amps and voltage can vary because of it.

You have an RPM issue though since the voltage moves up to the set point at higher rpm levels but you are idling too low to produce enough amperage for your regulators set point.

I'd ask one of the manufactures here about smaller pulley sizes which may even it out a bit for you.

Edited by Soulman07

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

finally im here! TJ called me and sounds like everything is running like it should, pulley might need to be replaced to get the squeaking to go away but should not be a major problem. The alt will not produce the 14+ volts (looking at voltage meter) at normal rmps. u have to rev it up and thats when it make more power. Either way i things would of worked out so far i think hes happy with the alt and if theres any problems ill do my best to try and help!

thats all :pardon: