Sonic Electronix

So I got the 8500's hooked up.

Triple check your wires. Make sure they didn't come loose and make sure no wires are accidentally touching. Like no pos touch neg or touching the basket etc.

Take a pic of the sub wiring if possible.

I checked everything 3-4 times just to make sure. I can't take a pic now, though. Car is parked out on the street now and it's raining pretty hard.

But I found this, they have it hooked up a different way NOT leaving one of the positives and negatives on each speaker unused.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/subwoofers/TechData_T8515-44.pdf (Scroll down to page 4. See 1 ohm load diagram)

LoL. There in lies your problem. The above diagram doesn't show anything unused. You'll follow how the blue lines are connected. You didn't finish connecting it up all the way.

I guess I took the diagram that someone posted up there literally, it shows one of the positives and one of the negatives unused so I thought that's how it went. -_- I guess I have to learn somewhere!

So, the way it was wired BEFORE was 4 ohms. My amp says it does 300 watts RMS at 4 ohms. Now that i'm wiring it to 1 ohm which is says i'm supposed to get 1200 RMS at 1 ohm. Potentially it should be a fuck load louder once I get this hooked up correctly?

Archived