the amp cant take "too many amps". it is, though, asking for a certain amount of amps, depending on the particular ohm load being presented. heres an example. you have a 200 amp alternator, and a 2000 watt amp. if you have a 150 amp fuse in between the two, that extra 50 amps that your alternator can produce wont go to the amp that is asking for 50 more amps (than 150). that is my understanding of it, sorry if its confusing.

well i have a stock alt not sure what amp. do i get a fuse based of that?

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

if i find out what size my alt is i get a fuse that size? or am i jsut being plain noobish and understurd that wrong.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

this is the only thing holding me back from buying my fuse and holder. i need to know what to get!! please anyone lol :'(

1j1450.png

Watts equals current times voltage so if you have 2000w at 12v (I know a car is at 14.4 but you don't want to go lower then 12) you're looking at a peak current draw of 166.6 amps so a 150 would probably be fine if you have one, if you dont have a fuse already then buy a 200.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Watts equals current times voltage so if you have 2000w at 12v (I know a car is at 14.4 but you don't want to go lower then 12) you're looking at a peak current draw of 166.6 amps so a 150 would probably be fine if you have one, if you dont have a fuse already then buy a 200.

why not 300?

1j1450.png

lol

ok this is how the fuseing works

if ur 0guage wire can carry 300amps then put a 300amp fuse in it, one at front and one at rear if u got 2 batteries, this might sound stupid but it makes alot of sence

ok the fuse from front battery going to the back protects the current flowing from the front battery to the back battery

the fuse at back battery protects the current flowing to the front battery

and then when u branch off the rear battery to amps and what knot u can fuse there too if u want to, u really never want the fuse in ur amp blowing

and for ur amp i would try dis, for how much power an amp is capable of makeing u do this, now this is not what an amp will do but the most it is setup to do, doesnt mean it will do it but is what its built for

u take 12(for 12volts), times the amount of fuseing like my amp has 4 30amp fuses in it, and u get 1440, this means that the amp can not produce more than 1440w(now i kno all bout 16v shit and this is not the case lol)

and to get how much fuseing you will need u can take your watts 2200, and devide that by 12 and u get 183.3amps witch meants this is the most amps it will pull give or take a lil bit

so if u want to you can throw a 200amp fuse in there inline to rear battery if u have one and will be fine, my buddy did a setup with the mk4d and he needed 2 300amp fuses on it so u should be good with around 200amps man

hope this makes since to you and anyone else wanting to fuse ish in there car's, took me about 3yrs to finally figure it out lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

why not 300?

Because your amp will never pull 300 amps and if there was a short circuit in the amp it would cook the amp before the fuse blew.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Because your amp will never pull 300 amps and if there was a short circuit in the amp it would cook the amp before the fuse blew.

ditto

u want a inline fuse to blow befor the amps fuseing

but i really wonder if a fuse as big as 250-300amps will acually blow if it was to short or just set there n pump hella current threw the cars chassis

why i said this is cause my buddy was working on my friends car and was takeing out her old setup n he found some 0guage just layin in the bottom of her spare tire well wit bare wire touching the metal and he went to under the hood n the 150amp fuse was glowing red but never blew

so i come to think, can someone take some big batteries like a kenetik 2400 or powermaster d3100 and make a dead short like put some 0guage to a fuse block and touch the other end to the battery neg just to see if it will blow a 250-300amp fuse cause thats what a house runs on and i really dont think it will blow unless u got a shit ton of batteries in ur setup

maby steve could try this, i dnt think the battery will blow up cause ive caused a dead short on accident and nothing happined ecept burnt the insolation off the wire

cause u get some damn 0guage wit 300amps flowing threw it without the fuse blowing that shit can cut a car in half lol

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ditto

u want a inline fuse to blow befor the amps fuseing

but i really wonder if a fuse as big as 250-300amps will acually blow if it was to short or just set there n pump hella current threw the cars chassis

why i said this is cause my buddy was working on my friends car and was takeing out her old setup n he found some 0guage just layin in the bottom of her spare tire well wit bare wire touching the metal and he went to under the hood n the 150amp fuse was glowing red but never blew

so i come to think, can someone take some big batteries like a kenetik 2400 or powermaster d3100 and make a dead short like put some 0guage to a fuse block and touch the other end to the battery neg just to see if it will blow a 250-300amp fuse cause thats what a house runs on and i really dont think it will blow unless u got a shit ton of batteries in ur setup

maby steve could try this, i dnt think the battery will blow up cause ive caused a dead short on accident and nothing happined ecept burnt the insolation off the wire

cause u get some damn 0guage wit 300amps flowing threw it without the fuse blowing that shit can cut a car in half lol

well i dont a back batt as of now. trying to save up for my 240sx project.. so a 200amp? thanks bro

1j1450.png