i have a memphis mojo mc2000d amp. its a 2000watt amp. i dont have the manual and looked online but cant find the fuse rating for the amp. is 150amp good? i have 0 gauge wiring. 1/0. please help as im about to buy a fuse but dont know what size. thanks

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i have a memphis mojo mc2000d amp. its a 2000watt amp. i dont have the manual and looked online but cant find the fuse rating for the amp. is 150amp good? i have 0 gauge wiring. 1/0. please help as im about to buy a fuse but dont know what size. thanks

I'm runing a 200amp on 1/0 and it's great.. But you should be with a 150 amp.. But if you could your hands on a 200 go for it man.

2 18" FI Q's

Box tuned to 31hz

Legal score 147.3 on the dash at 30hz music

Youtube = http://www.youtube.com/user/afrobassFI?feature=mhee

The fuse should be atleast the size of the amplifiers fuse rating

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Here's how I've come to understand it by reading forums: fuse based on the wire. If your wire can handle about 300 amps of current, then pop up to a 250 or 300 amp fuse on it. The fuse is there to prevent the wire from melting/burning if it shorts.

Is this info correct? If so, does this change for an amp that isn't internally fused? In that case, wouldn't you fuse based on the amp's specs?

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

my amp doesnt have any fuses on/in it. which is why im wondering. isnt 200 or 300amp to big? and this may be a noob question but whats the point of a 200 or 300amp fuse? why would that be better then 150? and i cant find any specs on the fuse i need for my amp because i dont have the manual and the amp doesnt have fuses.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

if you have a 200 amp fuse in place of a 150 amp fuse, when your amp needs juice the extra 50 amps will help out.

so if i use a 300amp it will give my amp more power? it wont be bad to have to big of a fuse? what if 300 is to big compared to what my amp manual says it needs? would that be bad..? i feel like a noob. :noob: ftl.. :(

1j1450.png

wouldnt to many amps be bad for the amp? even though the wire can handle it can the amp?

1j1450.png

the amp cant take "too many amps". it is, though, asking for a certain amount of amps, depending on the particular ohm load being presented. heres an example. you have a 200 amp alternator, and a 2000 watt amp. if you have a 150 amp fuse in between the two, that extra 50 amps that your alternator can produce wont go to the amp that is asking for 50 more amps (than 150). that is my understanding of it, sorry if its confusing.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm