Second Skin Audio

Sub selection questions before I buy.

Ok guys what I have is a 2004 Tahoe and I'm going to try and fit three subs behind the third row seat. My preference would be three twelves but if I have to go three tens that cool also.  The subs that I'm looking at is the MTX 9500 series subs, Boston Acoustics SPG555,TC Sounds TC-3000 subs, RESONANT ENGINEERING SX, Fi's Q sub or Ascendant Audio Arsenal. So what could I fit and HIT! thanks! Shannon

Oh ya also I'm going to try and fire the subs down this way there not seen to the unsuspecting eye.. also if you guy have any enclosures designs for something like this let me know what you have and if it is sealed or ported. I just want this to work the best that it can for the space that I have to work with.

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Guest 90accordman

any real reason you want 3, those wacky ohm readings 3 give are a pain.  why not 2 RE MX?

SX by RE isnt as SQish as i would like so i wouldnt buy that, unless TC changed that quad coil crap i wouldnt mess with 3 of thoe either.  the 9500MTX is a great soundsing sub.

three would have been the Most that I could fit. But I have no objections on running two subs. I'm not looking at the QVC subs. just the DVC. Thanks! Shannon

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

Guest 90accordman

three would have been the Most that I could fit. But I have no objections on running two subs. I'm not looking at the QVC subs. just the DVC. Thanks! Shannon

they ofer DVC on the TC3000 now?

Sorry got confused with the TC-5200 they offer it in a DVC in the 12" only. Sorry. but my question would be what makes the QVC a bad thing? thanks! Shannon

Well instead of me giving a list of subs that more then likely wont fit in the space given. I guess I should have asked what would be the best sub that I could fit in that space that would give good SQ but also beable to drop some flex when its time to play.  equipment that I have right now is Alpine 9853 HU, Diamond D362.5 Component speakers in the front and rear doors, alpine PDX-150.4 amp for mids and highs. As for wiring I have already run One run of 1/0 so power for the amps should be fine for now. going to upgrade the Big 3 and if needed alternator and extra battery "only if needed". Sorry guys I guess I should have started the topic this way... Shannon

Guest 90accordman

the bad thing about quad coils are once you get into multiple sub wiring it starts to get confusing and your numbers are more of a pain to calculate.

i havent heard the 5200, but dont really know anything else you could use considering it seems you have no way to get good prices on RE stuff.  i'm just not a fan of TC sounds stuff myself, but have heard great things

thats cool. I'd just like to say thanks for all of you information. So if I were to go with RE subs which one and how many would be the best for the amount of space available to get the results that I've listed? Thanks! Shannon

I realize that no one has a crystal ball that could tell me the number it would hit  :^ . I'm just looking for some help in direction to go. I'm going to attach a picture of the enclosure I'm looking at with some ruff measurements. so any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks! Shannon

post-11-1159728496.jpg

ee_1.jpg_thumb