Sonic Electronix

2 12 inch Kicker Comp 07 series on a 06 1000.1 Kicker zx amp

I have 2 12 inch kicker comps with a kicker 1000.1 mono block amp but the subs are only rated at 300 rms but I have been running them on 500rms and they seem to do fine but i want them to hit harder. Does anyone have any advice on if they will pop if I turn the amp up a little more than it is now?

Depends, you don't want to clip the hell outta those subs since there not meant to take a beating. you may be able to get a little bit more out of them but be careful, if you want louder what type of box are they in sealed ported, prefab? Maybe build your own ported box to get more output. If they are already ported be careful turnin the gain up and if you start to smell the coils getting hot back off.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

build a new ported box man, it will sound better. prefab store boxs are crappy imo and everyone else will probably agree.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

thanks i want to build one tuned at 32 ported but I know if I want to go with 3/4 mdf or that light weight paper wood

MDF is fine, if you build a decent box it will almost always sound better than a prefab. depending on what kinds of bass you like 32 may be a little bit low, you will lose a bit on the higher frequencies but the lows will be nice and deep, Generally tuning a little higher 35-38 is a good medium that gives you a good range with some great lows still. as far as the gain being "halfway" that really doesnt tell much because all amps vary and it depends what your settings on your headunit are tuned to. you may also want to put some though into which way the subs will face and port will face on your box if you build one. different vehicles get their best results with subs and ports facing certain ways. suv's generally like subs up port back extended cab trucks do well subs foward port up.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

Either way all heAd units are different as well basically a dmm is a good way to properly set your gains and make sure you aren't clipping

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3