Sonic Electronix

difference between 2 door hatchback and 4 door car

the only reason im thinking of getting his is because i know how much time and work he put into it and not some bs half ass box. he fiberglassed it resin on the inside 45'd it etc etc. i know its a really good box. and he will prob give it to me for just the shipping price and prob some cash but not alot

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

and he built it to specs for 2 15 fi btls which is what im getting

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

its impossible to predict what type of box configuration is going to be the best for you... all we can do is give you an approximate assumption and in most cases for a hatchback, it is usually subs up port back. this is why i don't compete... if i had enough money to buy a meter and any type of equipment i wanted, i could sit in my garage all day long and build boxes and tweak my stuff to see what works best. so unless you have a lot of money, i don't exactly recommend competing.

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813

doubt id compete. just want a louder then average daily driver

1j1450.png

yeah i remember someone told me hatchbacks get 3db louder which to the ear is 2 times as loud

Just to correct you here, 3dbs is twice the acoustical energy. 10dbs sounds twice as loud.

I would say the hatch would be louder. Sub and port up.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.