anyone know about prochargers ? NEED ADVICE !

don't ruin the stock cat just yet. if there is a muffler shop in your area have them make you a 3" straight pipe with 2 flanges so its a direct replacement of the cat. just incase you need the cat to be present for emissions reasons, you can just bolt the stock cat back up without having to cut away the new pipe

now that I think about it, replacing that cat with a straight piece of 3" piping should free up a BUNCH of power!

ok , i think im just going to strait pipe it , i live in michigan so we can pritty much get away runnin open headers . whats really confusing about the truck when it does its loading up thing , is it only happens once in a while . i drove it for about 6 hours yesterday , and it would do it out of the blue , like if i stopped at a light it would run great good take off and everything , 7 lbs of boost , then at the next light it would want to stall at a stand still , and when i went to take off on green it would spit and sputter , maybe a backfire in there too untill it got to a high rpm and then it just smoothed out and boost kicked in and she took off. but the weird thing is it just does this at random .. how could it run great , and then all of a sudden not want to run at all ? thats my biggest concern with it at the moment .

No personal experience, but i've heard more bad than good about procharger in the mustang community. To rule out the procharger, disconnect it and return the engine to stock induction, leave everything else the same, and see if the stutter problem is still there.

Just thought if this, was a custom tune done to the computer when all these upgrades were added? You can't just bolt on a bunch of things and expect it to perform. All the engines performance parameters will need to be changed with a tune, preferably at a shop that has a dyno to perfect the tune.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

ok thanks for all the advice guys ! ill post updates as i go . i messed around with the bypass valve a little bit , forcing more boost at lower rpm , and that seemed to lean it out in turn makin it run more stable .. maybe a race valve in the future to get 60% boost around 2000 rpm and 100% at 3200+