any bassheads with hearing aids??

Nope. Even if i did that, i still wouldnt hear the vocals. Idk about the rest of the members that have hearing loss, but its extremely hard for me to make out what someone is sayin over music.

Edited by mrjaylenohimself

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

I have a cochlear implant, which is a different story than hearing aids. People with hearing aids have some hearing loss, so sounds are amplified. I have profound hearing loss. My cochlear implant enables me to have hearing. This is how it works:

1. Sound is picked up by a small microphone that cradles the ear.

2. A thin cord carries the sound to a miniature computer that filters, analyzes and digitizes the sound into coded signals.

3. The signals are sent to the transmitter coil, which rests on top of the skin and is held in place by magnets (one inside transmitter coil and another inside implant).

4. The device transmits signals to the cochlear implant under the skin that delivers electrical impulses to the array coiled around the cochlea.

5. Electrodes along the array stimulate the auditory nerve fibers in the cochlea.

6. The resulting electrical sound information is carried along the auditory nerve to the brain for interpretation.

I must say that I do prefer rap music myself, because the beat gets me in a good mood, but I also do like to hear a good song like Hotel California. As for the words, I have to memorize them before knowing what is completely said, but once I have it memorized, I can sing along with it. I can pick up words here and there when listening to the radio, but a lot of times I just get confused by words that sound alike.

How does bass sound with them in?

My mom's getting cochlear implants soon

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

How does bass sound with them in?

My mom's getting cochlear implants soon

I've had mine since I was 4. I lost my hearing when I was 2. I can't say that I remember what it sounds like. I underwent a very different training technique than other people. A lot of the people that have cochlear implants speak with a nasal voice, like many deaf or hard of hearing people. I know many people that were trained to read lips and sign, while I sat in a room with a therapist and she covered her mouth and said something, then asked for me to repeat what she said. This went on for about 7 or 8 years and over time, this training did very much, prove to be beneficial. My hearing became so good that I could go into the closet and someone on the other side of the door would whisper, and I could come out and repeat what was just said on the other side.

As far as how bass sounds with my cochlear implant, it sounds great. It's a good feeling when you're riding down the road and you get chills and a tear in the eye from a deep bass note or a clear, smooth sounding vocal, and think to yourself... yeah, I put this shit in!

BluX

2001 Ford Explorer Sport

• Mach 5 MJ-18 (4 Ohm)
  • Alpine MRP-M1000
  • Alpine 9813