Sonic Electronix

i was adjusting my speakers today i have 2 sets of alpine type r components and i noticed my tweets werent playing i dont know if i have them hooked up wrong or they are blown

they shouldnt be blown because they are on a crunch 1800.4 which is crap and maybe giving them like 50 watts any ideas on what i should do if i have to get new speakers i thought about rf power series

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

check the wiring, crossover, etc

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i was adjusting my speakers today i have 2 sets of alpine type r components and i noticed my tweets werent playing i dont know if i have them hooked up wrong or they are blown

they shouldnt be blown because they are on a crunch 1800.4 which is crap and maybe giving them like 50 watts any ideas on what i should do if i have to get new speakers i thought about rf power series

One easy test would be get a DMM and check if there is any voltage where the wires connect to the tweeter, if there is none, then the problem is somewhere before the tweeter, I.E. Wiring, crossovers, amp etc.....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

i pulled out the crossovers and everything is connected right i didnt check them with a dmm ill do that tomorrow but i know something is messed up cause i only have 1 output for rcas on my hu so i used a splitter for my amp and before one side was the tweets and the other was the mid

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

i checked the voltage to my tweets today and it came up .008-9 im assuming that means 0 is my crossover fried or something i dont know what i should do

It's very common for tweeter to fry. A lot of companies love to lie on the wattage of them. I bought about 8 1" tweeters to parallel on my Bose at home and they claimed to be 300 a piece. I was like yeah right. I still paralleled them. I barely turned up my amp and it was tweeting and all of a sudden it shut up. You know what happened there? It burned!

Some tweeters come with a protector that shuts off when it's overloading. Do some research and get those.

DJ Kevin - Indian Majestic Sounds

It's very common for tweeter to fry. A lot of companies love to lie on the wattage of them. I bought about 8 1" tweeters to parallel on my Bose at home and they claimed to be 300 a piece. I was like yeah right. I still paralleled them. I barely turned up my amp and it was tweeting and all of a sudden it shut up. You know what happened there? It burned!

Some tweeters come with a protector that shuts off when it's overloading. Do some research and get those.

it doesnt seem like to me that the tweets themselves are fried they just arent getting signal i tested the output on the crossover and there was nothing

is this how u got urs wired?

mids to one set of channels and tweets n the xover to the other channels?

or u got it bridged running to the xover?

or u got 4 mids n 4 tweets?

and i unno if alpine uses em but my kicker comp set has lil bulbs inline of the tweets and they keep the tweets from blowing, if ur xovers has those u could change em out n see if the tweets work

i unno how continuity would work on a blown speaker cause the leads will stick together n still make a complete circuit but wont work, and most tweets dont even give off an ohm load so i unno how to check the tweets

hope u get it figured out, and those power comps are sick

my buddy was puttin some 6&1/2 comps in the back of a 350z and some focals in front doors and i was playin around with the tweets on the rf sets and he had a old stock cdplayer hooked up and i hooked the tweet to the radio and the tweet was puttin out vocals almost as good as some 3&1/2'' coax's and clear as hell, this is when i didn't kno u could blow tweets without a xover lol

but ya i would go wit them if ur going too, good midbass and clean sounding too

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

it doesnt seem like to me that the tweets themselves are fried they just arent getting signal i tested the output on the crossover and there was nothing

on some xovers u can pop the circuit board out of its houseing and u could prolly check the bottom n see if something is blown

onlything i can think of

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif