Sonic Electronix

Hey all, I'm planning on purchasing an amp and another 12 to add to my system in hopes of making my Forester sound a little more substantial. One of my only hesitations is that I'm not entirely sure how to hook up 2 amps to the same head unit. The RCA cables have to go to both amps for the signal. My current amp does not have an output for another amp, only for mids/highs. I'm not going to go with a Y just because you're splicing a signal cable and that = a bad life decision. I was thinking about a distributor and that's probably what you all are going to suggest but I just wanted some confirmation. Also, what would I do for the remote turn on wire that goes to my HU? How could I make that also run to my other amp? And my last question, I promise: what are you thought of this setup for my 2000 Subaru Forester?

(3) Kenwood KFC-3012 (900watts rms, custom built, ported enclosures)

(1) Kenwood KAC-9104D (1800 watts max)

(1) Kenwood KAC-8104D (1000 watts max)

I'm not planning on getting a cap. just because I'm under the impression that they are only good for hitting single notes, which is not the type of music I listen to. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

1) A y splitter is pretty much your only option for splitting the signal.

2) For splitting the remote turn on you can use a distribution block, relay or run the wire to the original amp and run another wire from the original amps turn on to the second amps turn on.

3) I think that setup would sound pretty nice. I would give each sub their own chamber though

4) I would do the Big 3 and get a battery

Edited by hdorre
On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

1) A y splitter is pretty much your only option for splitting the signal.

2) For splitting the remote turn on you can use a distribution block, relay or run the wire to the original amp and run another wire from the original amps turn on to the second amps turn on.

3) I think that setup would sound pretty nice. I would give each sub their own chamber though

Ahh I see. So I couldn't use the distribution block for the RCA cable? And yes, I have each driver in their own enclosure. Takes longer and doesn't look as good but sounds fantastic. As of now all I would have to do is wire for another amp and build another enclosure for the other 12. Oh and what gauge wire would you recommend for the power and ground? I'm running 4 gauge at the moment.

Ahh I see. So I couldn't use the distribution block for the RCA cable? And yes, I have each driver in their own enclosure. Takes longer and doesn't look as good but sounds fantastic. As of now all I would have to do is wire for another amp and build another enclosure for the other 12. Oh and what gauge wire would you recommend for the power and ground? I'm running 4 gauge at the moment.

u should be fine with 4 gauge but bigger wire = more current so i swear by 0 gauge. but im not sure if those amps will accept 0 guage wire will they? i owned 1 a long time ago and dont quite remember. and 4 guage is alot cheaper haha.

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

u should be fine with 4 gauge but bigger wire = more current so i swear by 0 gauge. but im not sure if those amps will accept 0 guage wire will they? i owned 1 a long time ago and dont quite remember. and 4 guage is alot cheaper haha.

yea they don't accept 0 gauge. I can't imagine that 4 wouldn't be good enough but there's only one way to find out!

w.o reading all the other comments, i just jumped the remote wire from my sub amp to my 4ch, same with the RCA's until i get another H/U, you should just be able to run another set of RCA's to the amp from the h/u, permitting you have a second set of RCA outputs on you h.u

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

w.o reading all the other comments, i just jumped the remote wire from my sub amp to my 4ch, same with the RCA's until i get another H/U, you should just be able to run another set of RCA's to the amp from the h/u, permitting you have a second set of RCA outputs on you h.u

I have another set of output terminals on the amp but they're not intended for subwoofer use to my knowledge. My head unit only has one set of preouts so that's not an option either, unfortunately.

Dude your good with the 4 gauge not like those kenwoods are running a shit load of current...unless you wanna just upgrade now...alwyas the best idea...

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Dude your good with the 4 gauge not like those kenwoods are running a shit load of current...unless you wanna just upgrade now...alwyas the best idea...

Hell I'll always be up for upgrading but the cheapest alternative right now would be to just add. Unless you know a secret? :P

No, you cant use the distribution block for the RCAs. You should be fine with the 4 gauge wire if it is true 4 gauge. What's the brand of the wire?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread