Second Skin Audio

Box Design Help.

Ok, first things first. i have a ported box tuned to 34hz for ONE of my alpine type r's.....and i need a box thats ported...( tuned to whatever u guys tell me lol im not good at that stuff..) for 2 of my type r's. it has to fit in a space thats 14 inches tall 3 feet wide (36 inches) and 2 feet 10 inches deep ( 34 inches ). can some ppl take time to design a couple boxes for me that would hit hard?....( must be ported ). i just want a couple ideas. then i can pick the one i like and build it. cuz im clueless on what to do about a box for these 2 subs lol. ( they are 12"s). thanks for anyone that helps me!

for one thing it wont fit easily.... 12" subs are actually more like 12.5" in total diameter .... the only way would be to make them in this shape \_/ with one sub on each wall. i did that for one 15 and two 12s and there wasnt enough airspace fer the subs anyways and that was a sealed box let alone a ported one .... IMO you should drop one sub and work with two if your gonna port, otherwise your gonna need to go with a sealed enclosure

well im gonna make a box for 2 12" type r's...so im gonna use both of em....i can prolly make the box wider than that....cuz i got a new car...and those demensions i gave u were for my old car....i got a 95 intrepid now...the trunks big..but im not sure how big..its at my aunts and not on the road yet..

here are the specs for a type R ported box per alpine. The dimensions may not be exactly what you are looking for but they can be modified to fit your car. this box is for 1 sub! you need to double the #'s for 2 subs or build 2 single boxes. you can go to my website and download my airspace calculator to modify the box to your car. www.3rdcoastcustoms.net it runs off microsoft excel.

untitled.bmp

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!