Sundown Audio

amp says 1/0 but use 4 gauge?

chapo123

like lets say the rockford fosgate t1000.1bd says 1/0 and it does like 1600rms at 1 ohm (birth sheet) and i used 4 gauge. would that be okay? also how much watts rms would the 4 gauge drop it too? because i know 4 gauge would increase resistance. thanks for helping out a :noob: lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

like lets say the rockford fosgate t1000.1bd says 1/0 and it does like 1600rms at 1 ohm (birth sheet) and i used 4 gauge. would that be okay? also how much watts rms would the 4 gauge drop it too? because i know 4 gauge would increase resistance. thanks for helping out a :noob: lol

theres a chart thing for that on there website. i dont know if its acuurate though

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

i cant seem to find it lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

yeah but im wondering how much itll affect the acutal output of the amp's rms

1j1450.png

im pretty sure itll affect it some how..?

1j1450.png

i had a hifonics bxi2008d thats supposed to have 0 but i ran it on 4 it was just fine but i only had it wired at 2 ohm not 1

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived