Second Skin Audio

RE/FI recone

I've found someone local wanting to sell a hybrid sub with the basket/magnet from an RE SE 15 and use the soft parts of an FI BL and asking $150 for it with cheap basic box so I can at least hear/see it work.

Any thoughts on this combo and likely power handling/sound?

Will this be an upgrade from the pair of Polk DB 12's I have now in my Taurus?

Thanks for any feedback!

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

Sounds like a decent deal for $150 with a box. Should be a decent upgrade.

I would email Fi about using a Bl recone in a SE motor. I would be real curious to know if that works. I am guessing, but I would think the SE is more like a SSD. The SE was an SQ sub rated 600 watts - I don't see it becoming 1000+ watt sub like the Bl.

If it works, it more than likely was reconed correctly, I just would not expect Bl performance out of it. . .like I said, I may be wrong. Next time I talk to Scott, I will try to remember to ask him.

Brian

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I would email Fi about using a Bl recone in a SE motor. I would be real curious to know if that works. I am guessing, but I would think the SE is more like a SSD. The SE was an SQ sub rated 600 watts - I don't see it becoming 1000+ watt sub like the Bl.

If it works, it more than likely was reconed correctly, I just would not expect Bl performance out of it. . .like I said, I may be wrong. Next time I talk to Scott, I will try to remember to ask him.

Brian

Thanks for the advice. I sent off an email to the address I could find on the FI site. I'd likely upgrade the Punch 600.1bd at some point since its not rated for anything less than a 2ohm load.

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

Brian

Scott already replied to my email and sounds like they have 2 options that would work. The beefed up version would get it around 1000w and he said close to an SX

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd

Archived