OK so i have a 94 camaro with the 3.4 v6. I also have a 1984 camaro that got wrecked that has a heavily modified 5.0 in it. I am thinking of putting the v8 into the new camaro my question is would it be a direct swap or will the v.a.t.s security system screw everything up?

it will be far from a direct bolt in. need motor mounts, trans mount, beat the firewall in a little (I THINK) to have room for a distributor. And personally, a 305 is not the ideal motor IMO, a 350 would be a much better option. also, if your doing a motor swap, it would be easier if you just did away with all the computer stuff, and just make your 305 carburated. that would really simplicate things for ya. if you want to keep it F.I, F.A.S.T makes a badass EFI computer setup but does cost alot.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

ok first question, is the 84 a z28h.o. with the l69 305? If so that is the best production 305 ever made. Corvette spec performance in a 305. special heads, cam, and carb. As for the swap itself, since it is a 94 the v8 option was a lt1, which is the same mounts as the 305. Change the frame mounts and get the lt1 motor mounts. When the time comes to swap the engine, lift the car up and unbolt the subframe and install the motor from the bottom.

As for as the ignition is concerned, your best bet is a hard wire with toggle switches and most likely a push button starter. Now for the full system you will need to either change out the intake pump for a smaller less output pump, or just take the pump out completely and run a mechanical pump on the block.

2000 gmc yukon

4 sundown Zv3 15's

4 dd m2a's

kenwood kdc-x994

2 batcap 4000's 1 batcap 2000

dual alts.

154@37hz and climbing

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3231683

http://www.myspace.com/torque150

TeamDeadlyHertz-loburbon.png