Sonic Electronix

What do you pro guys think of Polk Audio?

i love polk, had em in my blazer before i sold it and they were really crisp and clear :)

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i used polk's db series for my boat build and there bad ass. loud ,ultra clear and also play the bass really decent. i had alpines in it and the difference is amazing. would definitely recommend them. even the 4 1/2's sound great in the bow area

sony m60ui

polk mid/hi's

infinity 6000m on tower

fosgate p3d212 x2

fosgate p400-4

fosgate t1000-1bd

im ona boat bitch

My boat build

funny thing is...............slamming fireworks in to the ground with a sledge hammer in mexico is like car audio in california... everyone is doing it but most fail :)

Every time I read a comment you post, or a topic you make... I cannot help to think of how much of a badass you are!!

Cool. I'm glad they stand up in the eyes of SMD. Now that I've got the 6 1/2s in the doors I think I'm going to buy a set of the 4" db series for my a-pillars.

For those of you that are still reading,

I've got a Boss CX950 amp thats about to be extra. Do you think it will be too powerful for a fully loaded front stage?

Here are the specs. Big thanks to anyone that actually responds to this one...

Amplifier ClassAB

Number of Channels2

RMS Power (4 ohms)300 watts x 2 channels

RMS Power (2 ohms)Not Specified

RMS Power (1 ohm)Not Stable

Bridged RMS PowerN/A

Total RMS Power Output600 watts

Peak Power Output1000 watts x 1 channel

Total Peak Power Output1000 watts

Maximum Input Gauge Size4

Minimum Impedance Unbridged2 ohms

Minimum Impedance Bridged4 Ohms

THD at Rated RMS Power0.01%

Speaker Level InputsYes

Preamp OutputsNo

Built-in CrossoverLow-pass (LP)

High-pass (HP)

Full (AP)

High-Pass Crossover FrequencyFixed (200 Hz)

Low-Pass Crossover Frequency35 - 160 Hz

Subsonic FilterN/A

Signal-to-Noise Ratio103 dB

Channel SeparationN/A

Bass Boost0 - 18 dB

Bass/Gain RemoteYes

Fan CooledNo

Fuse Rating25A x 2

CEA-2006 CompliantNo

I know it's a POS but I'd like to make use of it if possible.

i got the old polk db6500 white carbon fiber comps up front and the new polk db 651 coax gunmetal ones in back ran from my memphis pr150.2 @2ohm stereo and they sound hella sweet

i got kicker ks 6&1/2 comps and 6&1/2 coax that i useto have in my truck and the sound diff is amazine

the midbass is killer, the highs are smooth n crisp, and with these i can hear the full music range instead of certain bits n pieces of the music, now i can hear every bit of it, and they keep up wit my 15's real good

im thinking about gettin some qlogic kickpanels and put my comps down there and my coax's in the doors so i will have more room for box

but they get my vote, real clean shit mang, i had some 4x6's of the older white carbonfiber ones i put in my bro n laws blazer n they sounded awesome off deck power

and if u have that amp u could run it, i think mine are gettin around 100rms or so but i can tell the diff in how clean they sound when i dont have my rear battery in or not, for some reason my secondary battery helps out both my amps

but i love mine wit my memphis, i would try that amp for the speakers n see how u like it, but if it was me i would find one wit more adjustments cause boss dont have many

i have a boss gt 300w amp and i had it hooked to my mtx 8000 15 and it pushed it pritty damn good with good electrical and boss aint shit, just not as good as some other brands

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I've got the polk db 5x7s in the front and rear and a pair of polk db 12's. For the price they seem to be as good as anything else in the price range.

2007 Ford Taurus

Pioneer P980BT Head unit

Stock Electical

DB Link 4ga wiring

Polk DB570 front/rear

Junk in the trunk:

Polk db1222 box

Rockford Fosgate 600.1bd