Best equalizer for ~ $60?

Alright, well i'm in the process of buying everything i need for my next build...

After thinking about it, i think it might be a good idea for me to get an Equalizer...

My head unit is an Alpine 9886, which basically sucks without the imprint unit and has basically no EQ settings except for bass/treble...

I have never used/owned an Equalizer before, you can see my mid/high speakers in my signature.

What is the best EQ i can get for ~ 60 bucks.

Preferably half DIN

Thanks!

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

i read that clarion does wonders for your mids and highs

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

Clarion EQS 7 something. I and a bunch of people on here have it. It's great and around $55 or less.

Here you go:

http://www.millionbuy.com/claeqs746.html

Basically $60 shipped. MillionBuy is legit too.

Or you can go on Ebay and find one. Possibly cheaper.

Edited by k3n12ock

Alright, i will deff have to look into that one.

The thing i really do not get.. when looking at alpines page for the 9886 it says the 9886 has "Equalizer: 5 Band Parametric (20Hz - 20KHz, 1/3 oct. Steps)"

I cant find that in the settings, maybe im missing something? Im most likely seeing it, just not realizing that its the EQ im looking at... Do i even need an EQ considering my headunit has the "Equalizer: 5 Band Parametric (20Hz - 20KHz, 1/3 oct. Steps)"

EDIT: Also, one thing i noticed with the Clarion EQ... there is only 2 inputs.. sub input and "main" input, then there is three outputs Read/Front/Sub... how is there only 2 in and 3 out?...

My HU has three outputs, Front/Rear/Sub

Then on the Kicker EQ (See Link Below), there is only Sub inputs, and 4 speaker wire connections L-/+ and R -/+... the manual says its used for HU's that don't have RCA outputs...

^^ this is my main question

EDIT 2: The clarion has no bypass button to turn off/on the equalization so you can hear the difference with and without...

And i can pick this one up for ~$75 http://www.crutchfie...-Processor.html

Is the kicker better than the Clarion? Is the difference worth the extra 25 bucks?

EDIT 3, lol... the problem i see with the kicker is this...

Bass25Hz-80HzMidbass100Hz-320HzLower Midrange400Hz-1.27kHz

What happens at 81Hz-99Hz and so on?

Sorry i have alot of questions, haha.

Thanks guys!

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Anyone know? I'm sure the Kicker im looking at will only be for sale for another day or so...

This section never gets looked at, lol...

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

i thinik for your head unit you either hold the eq button, push it once then hold, or just push the volume knob down. dont really remember. try emm

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

All you need for an eq i think is an one rca out on your deck going to the rca in, i think its aux then your 3 oter rcas go to your amps.

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

All you need for an eq i think is an one rca out on your deck going to the rca in, i think its aux then your 3 oter rcas go to your amps.

That doesn't sound right to me..

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's

heres a vid man that shows your head units eq..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiB8agwE1sA

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

heres a vid man that shows your head units eq..

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=RiB8agwE1sA

I have a 9886... should have gotten a 9887...

And i do not have the Imprint unit

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

3x XS power D2700's