DC Sound Lab

well, it's taking longer than expected to get the exhaust pipe ran for the power runs.....I'm having a mental block as how to wire the 6 DVC subs in a series/parallel to end up @ about 1.2ohms...I know I figured it out on paper, but trying to draw up a diagram and it doesn't work out....help~!

I would guess with the 225A alternator should be at a strong 14.4-14.8....actually it's 3/4" MDF---I own/run/manage a car audio shop and I'm building this for a buddy/fellow competitor. We are going to be running 6 of the Level 4 12's with Level 5 coils...box is just shy of 11 cubic feet...port will tune it to 35Hz. Have a couple other boxes/installs to do and the truck goes to muffler shop wednesday, so might not have much of an update until Thursdayish.....L8R

So 14.5v you thinking at full tilt? or idle? How did you start your shop? And nice set up...I'm really liking this

So 14.5v you thinking at full tilt? or idle? How did you start your shop? And nice set up...I'm really liking this

I'm thinking 14.5v @ idle.....I've actually been in business since '99---do a lil of everything--car audio, remote starts, Alltel cell phone dealer w/ accessories, skateshop, video/navigation, custom installation/fiberglass jobs...

Anyway, subs are reading .8-.9 per coil @ rest through DMM...if I series/parallel 2 sets of 3 subs...each "bank" of 3 would be .6, series would be 1.2...sound right??

aso you wire the coils on each sub in series to get 1.8 each. then wire 2 sets of 3 subs in parallel to get 0.6 each. then wire those 2 in series for 1.2.

nice build cant wait 4 vids

Team S.M.D.

Maritime Car Audio- (2) 18" SSA ZCON D1

- American Bass 500.1

- 60 ft of 3/0

-480 Ah of battery

- (2) stock alternators (70 +90)

- Kenwood Excelon x-794, 4v preouts

car audio is just a LOT more complicated than "this amp does this power" or "this sub will be this loud". its like 2 + 2 = banana. (if that confuses you then you get the point) lol

aso you wire the coils on each sub in series to get 1.8 each. then wire 2 sets of 3 subs in parallel to get 0.6 each. then wire those 2 in series for 1.2.

nice build cant wait 4 vids

that's exactly how I had it figured it out, but for some reason I can't draw the diagram out to make it look right..... :trippy:

I'm thinking 14.5v @ idle.....I've actually been in business since '99---do a lil of everything--car audio, remote starts, Alltel cell phone dealer w/ accessories, skateshop, video/navigation, custom installation/fiberglass jobs...

Anyway, subs are reading .8-.9 per coil @ rest through DMM...if I series/parallel 2 sets of 3 subs...each "bank" of 3 would be .6, series would be 1.2...sound right??

That's really cool man!. I wish i could start a shop or hobby shop. Just do it on my spare time. That's awesome dude keep that up. I bet you get a lot of teens down there with the skate shop and all. How did you start?

That's really cool man!. I wish i could start a shop or hobby shop. Just do it on my spare time. That's awesome dude keep that up. I bet you get a lot of teens down there with the skate shop and all. How did you start?

I actually worked at a local electronics store...Radio Shack/car stereo/computers/TV's kind of a local "Best Buy" I guess...I was able to purchase the car audio/cell phone section of the business from the owner with a SBA loan, started renting a building, and off I went. Internet has REALLY changed things since then....have to be more service oriented now, instead of making the $$ on the sale, because you can't anymore...