Sonic Electronix

Hi, I'm currently looking for amp that's 2000 watts rms or more and ran across this guy who has an Orion 2,500 rms amp 5000 watts total for sale. My concerns is he ran it under 1 ohm, and fried the amp, but it hasn't been used much he's also able to get it refurbished/fixed whatever you call it and he's willing to sell it for $400. Also, if I fry the amp which I probally won't because I won't run it under 1 ohm, he'll do a warranty out of his own pocket. Also, I heard that Orion amp used to be king back in the day and is an old school amp. I know the Orion can power P3's RF 1000 rms each @ 1 ohm, but will I risk blowing them? Also, do I need a 0 gauge wiring kit and an extra battery? Terrance who is known as slim8605 on here is selling his RF 2000bd for same price but it doesn't have it's cover on it, and we hooked it up to my car and it wasn't pushing the subs at all Im running a 4 gauge wiring kit could that be why? Also I believe the Orion 2500 amp normal price is $900 dollars.

I'm driving a Chevy Berreta 1994.

Thanks.

:lol:

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

il b honest with u, iv just bought the 2007 5000d which IS 25oow rms, and im using it at 1 ohm, it fucking BANGS,, but then again, this is the new version,, dunno what the one u seen is :)

oh i forgot to say, this orion of mine needs 4 4gauge power inputs 2+ and 2-, a single battery is pushing it, 2nd wud b better ;)

il b honest with u, iv just bought the 2007 5000d and im using it at 1 ohm, it fucking BANGS,, but then again, this is the new version,, dunno what the one u seen is :)

u talkin Orion right? I heard this amp is the shit I was on the amps section reading about it.

What are you required to run that amp at 5000?

1 or 2 batteries? and 0 gauge right?

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

yeah orion,, the 5000d

ive got 0 gauge running up to a dist block, from there i have 4gauge wiring going into each of the 2 power terminals, 2 plus and 2 minus..

2 batts r a good idea, either that or upgrade ur alternator,, iv got batts tho ;)

yeah orion,, the 5000d

ive got 0 gauge running up to a dist block, from there i have 4gauge wiring going into each of the 2 power terminals, 2 plus and 2 minus..

2 batts r a good idea, either that or upgrade ur alternator,, iv got batts tho ;)

ill just have 2 batteries and 0 gauge wiring.

can you make a video of the amp powering ur subs?

I'd appreciate that :)

so I can find out what kind of Ride im in for.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

well heres the amp of mine, its nexto my bed at the moment, im waiting on some new subs to be delivered 2moro,, its 2am now where i am,, i cant sleep!

but yeah, is urs the same one or what, cos u keep sayin youl hav the 0 gauge wiring, i wired up my car b4 i bought the amp, if ida knew it took 4gauge, i wouldnt hav wired my car up with 0 LOL anyway, heres a pic,, vids will b a while away yet

post-1513-1183683605_thumb.jpg

well heres the amp of mine, its nexto my bed at the moment, im waiting on some new subs to be delivered 2moro,, its 2am now where i am,, i cant sleep!

but yeah, is urs the same one or what, cos u keep sayin youl hav the 0 gauge wiring, i wired up my car b4 i bought the amp, if ida knew it took 4gauge, i wouldnt hav wired my car up with 0 LOL anyway, heres a pic,, vids will b a while away yet

im not sure. He showed me pictures couple days ago but I havent really looked at them. I believe 0 gauge is best for 2000 or more rms. Im currently running 4 and it didnt power the T2000bd so I think im gonna go 0.

Video yah, i'd like to see them if u dont have any do u know anywhere i can find sum?

thanks.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

yeah 0 gauge IS best for that kinda wattage, but what am saying is 0gauge doesnt fit into the terminals, orion have made 2 sets of power terminals on this amp

--------

4g GND

REM

4g BAT

--------

--------

4g GND

REM

4g BAT

---------

im guessing maybe 2 sets of 4 gauge is equal to 1/0 gauge??! :blink: i dont know, but thats what i was saying, thats HOW the amps terminals are and thats what wire gauge is meant for it

yeah 0 gauge IS best for that kinda wattage, but what am saying is 0gauge doesnt fit into the terminals, orion have made 2 sets of power terminals on this amp

| GND REM + | | GND REM + |

4g 4g 4g 4g

im guessing maybe 2 sets of 4 gauge is equal to 1/0 gauge??! :blink: i dont know, but thats what i was saying, thats HOW the amps terminals are and thats what wire gauge is meant for it

haha, well den i'll be fine because I already got a 4 Gauge which is perfect as you just said but my only question is can a 4 gauge kit power the full 2500 rms? with an extra battery?

as for the 2 sets of 4 gauge = 0 gauge I would say so but i'm not a calculator lol and I hate math.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

haha, well den i'll be fine because I already got a 4 Gauge which is perfect as you just said but my only question is can a 4 gauge kit power the full 2500 rms? with an extra battery?

as for the 2 sets of 4 gauge = 0 gauge I would say so but i'm not a calculator lol and I hate math.

Max Power 5000

4 Ohm Rating 1000 x 1

2 Ohm Rating 1600 x 1

1 Ohm Rating 2500 x 1

Mono Rating -

Freq. Resp. 20Hz - 250Hz

THD+N < 1%

Damping factor > 50

Signal to noise ratio -59dBA

Crossover range/scope LP 30 - 250hz 12/24 db octave

Input sensitivity 200mV - 5V

Safe load impedance 1 ohm

Equalization Circuit Intelli Q 10 db

Remote level control Included

Amplifier protection* T,D,R,S,O

Externally Bridgeable No

Dimensions** 22.8” x 10.2” x 2.4”

*T - Thermal protection, D - DC offset protection, R - Reverse polarity protection, S - Short circuit protection, O - Over/under voltage protection

* All power ratings are @ 13.8VDC supply Voltage, all channels driven

** Amplifier dimensions are for heat sink only; add 2 1/2 inches per side to allow for end cap installation

that's the amp specs u got right? the 5000d.

"Orion HCCA-D5000

High Current Competition Class D (HCCA) Amplifier"

than I'm assuming that is the same exact amp.

Fear The Quack!

duckoc3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-19

Archived