Sonic Electronix

hey i have two crunch 15's and two hifonics 15's all wired to 1ohm with a audiopipe aqx3500.1d and belive it or not the subs are in a sealed box .

im wondering if i can port it without having to rebuild it im out of room in the trunk of my impala completly.

try to help if can thanks

040.jpg

Edited by xxdemonxx01

hey i have two crunch 15's and two hifonics 15's all wired to 1ohm with a audiopipe aqx3500.1d and belive it or not the subs are in a sealed box .

im wondering if i can port it without having to rebuild it im out of room in the trunk of my impala completly.

try to help if can thanks

Sell one set, go to lowes buy some MDF and the other shit to build a box, and do what I found I should of done ages ago, and don't run mix matched subs.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

get matching subs

make a ported box

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

again with some one asking for help and takeing the help...

do wut u think is right

im out

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

keep the hifonics sell the others to buy what you need to build the right box and you'll feel the difference

2003 CHEVY SILVERADO REG CAB

H/U SONY W/ IPOD TOUCH

new build

2 dc audio lvl4 xl's

rd audio 3250

box is behind the seats

below the window

3.44 after tuned@34 htz

147.3@44 htz & getting louder

just because the power rating is the same doesnt mean they go together. do NOT mix different subs in the same box and/or on the same amp. the subs "fight" eachother and rob output. .5" mdf is too thin, get .75" next time and any time you have a surface that big you need to brace it. we dont know anything about your box to know if you can port it. maybe its already too small. in fact, ill bet money it is too small for four 15"s ported in that trunk.

i think this while thing needs to go back to the drawing board man.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

To answer your question,

No you can't use that box and just stick a few ports in it.

1. Ports require precise calculations, and a box built around those. There's 100x more to a ported box than you probably realize, no offense.

Advice

1.Sell 2 of your subs

2.Use money to build/get built new ported box

3.Never use 1/2" (Inch) MDF (Wood) when building a box, NEVER. Use 3/4" at a minimum. 1/2" MDF is worthless, they should save some glue and quit making it...imo.

Edited by Villian88

------------167.42db @ 38hz--------------

16 Zenex HFI 12s

8 Hifonics Collusus OCA 16v

4 Powerlass 400a SW ignition HOs

Dinomat City!

To answer your question,

No you can't use that box and just stick a few ports in it.

1. Ports require precise calculations, and a box built around those. There's 100x more to a ported box than you probably realize, no offense.

Advice

1.Sell 2 of your subs

2.Use money to build/get built new ported box

3.Never use 1/2" (Inch) MDF (Wood) when building a box, NEVER. Use 3/4" at a minimum. 1/2" MDF is worthless, they should save some glue and quit making it...imo.

x2

Especially with the MDF part, the only thing you are allowed to use 0.5" MDF for is trim panels for boxes. Or if you own a cheap audio company, in which case it makes awesome and cheap 0.5 cube boxes, especially if it's made of chipboard :peepwall:

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.