Sonic Electronix

Another question, may or may not be nooby.

when you fix the box you might wanna put metal rod's throug it so that wont happen again or have some kinda braceing just trying to help :) hope u get it fixed soon

Im planning on prolly sending some brads through it after i take the sub out and reglue. I made it with glue gravity hopes and dreams haha :pardon:

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

My am doesn't have a subsonic. Just a lpf i have it set to 40 because the box is tuned to 33hz. Idk what to do =[

Dude that is WAY to low! Set your LPF at atleast 70-80. And about your question about what the subsonic does, its just another filter. Say you set it at 25hz, then any freq below that starts to rolloff. Usually good idea to het it about 10hz below tuning.

Yeah it scared me a good bit, i paid more for the sub than i did on anything else in the car.

Hey im curious, what does the subsonic even do i don't entirely understand.

I'm sure technical minded people will jump down my throat for this but what it does kind of is back the power off starting at the freq you set it. So if your box is tuned to 40 you might set it to 36 hz and that whay notes lower than your tuning don't hit as hard and make the sub lose it's loading and start free flapping.

Flame away lol

I recently had the same issue, both my bottom & my size blew out. I fixed the bottom first & the whole time i thought i was hurting my sub when in fact the sound was the box the whole time. I got mine fixed now i can put the gain up much more than previously thought. glad you got your issue figured out.