Sonic Electronix

I have 2 10" l5 kickers, with a 400 watt alpine mono on it. It hits mid 20s on music. 1.9 cubes sealed. I was wondering if 120-125 is normal for something like that? Its in a 02 durango.

Im working on designing a new box. 4 cubes ported. Subs up port back. With 2 707w alpines wired at 4 ohms(707 max,500 rms). Later in the year Im switching to 2 l7s same box but with the 707s wired to 2ohms which puts outs around 1100 watts each(1100 max,800 rms). Im looking for a little help on the port, Ive built ported boxes before, but that was with some telling me what size port they wanted. Ive never done one by myself, any sugestions on demisions?

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

I have 2 10" l5 kickers, with a 400 watt alpine mono on it. It hits mid 20s on music. 1.9 cubes sealed. I was wondering if 120-125 is normal for something like that? Its in a 02 durango.

Im working on designing a new box. 4 cubes ported. Subs up port back. With 2 707w alpines wired at 4 ohms(707 max,500 rms). Later in the year Im switching to 2 l7s same box but with the 707s wired to 2ohms which puts outs around 1100 watts each(1100 max,800 rms). Im looking for a little help on the port, Ive built ported boxes before, but that was with some telling me what size port they wanted. Ive never done one by myself, any sugestions on demisions?

Welcome to the site. Right off the bat, I'm gonna let you in on a lil secret that most audio companies don't want you to know; Peak power does not exist. As for 2 10" L5's with 400watts & 1.9cubes each, yeah I really wouldn't expect much, but 125 does seem low. Those subs each have the same cone area as a 12" round sub, so with the right box & amps, you will see 140's I guarantee.

well..

normally about 12-16 inches of port per cubic foot is a good ratio to work with...

so in your case i'd say at least 48"s...

and how you measure it is... width x height and it'll pan out to be your port area..

^^^Sounds fair to me^^^

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Its not 1.9 to each, its a single chamber sealed for both. So its 1.9 for both of them. And only 1 400 watt. So what do you think I could push into those l7s?

2009 spring fling-iasca-rookie 1-Champion. 139.4db.

"I don't do enough, I just fool around

Ya'll can go to hell, how does that sound"~ Tech N9NE

4 15" Memphis. and 1 Big ass box. <-Sold to fund more power.

Kicker l5s

Archived