newbie needs help with 2 Fi Q 12's

thomasb

if you had to pick one lol i wanna order this b4 i sleep n i trust wat you got to say, so if you have to pick one 15" sub wat would it be?

Alright, you don't want to have to get involved with a shit ton of electrical upgrades, so I'd keep this around 1,000 watts give or take a little.

If you're mainly interested in sound quality, I'd go with the Incriminator Audio Flatlyne. The underhung motor is pure sex. The Fi Q is a good choice too, but I'd personally prefer the IA Flatlyne.

If you're interested in a sub that'll get pretty loud while retaining musicality, the DC Level 4 is tough to beat.

You can't go wrong with any of those subs, man. The AQ1200D would be a fine amplifier for all three as well.

EDIT: BE SURE TO BUY A 2 OHM DUAL VOICE COIL SUB SO YOU CAN WIRE TO 1 OHM.

You can't fix stupid

that flatlyne looks sharp. and you would go wit a 15"?

and it looks like its a 4 ohm. would that change anything except for how it wired?

I'd probably do a 15", yes. But there's no need for you to get impatient. Wait til tomorrow and take measurements of your trunk before commiting to anything.

And when you order the sub, do so over the phone. Tell them you want a 2 ohm dvc Flatlyne 15" and they'll take care of you. It should cost around $350...

You can't fix stupid

I'd probably do a 15", yes. But there's no need for you to get impatient. Wait til tomorrow and take measurements of your trunk before commiting to anything.

And when you order the sub, do so over the phone. Tell them you want a 2 ohm dvc Flatlyne 15" and they'll take care of you. It should cost around $350...

aite bro sounds good thanks so much for your help

aite bro sounds good thanks so much for your help

No problem. Have fun with your badass new amp & sub.

What're you doing about your front stage?

You can't fix stupid

front stage? lol

component speakers, bro. You're supposed to be interested in sound quality, right?

Take a look at these: http://www.woofersetc.com/p7174/CXS64-V2--Image-Dynamics-65"-4-ohm-Component-System.htm

and the Audioque AQ4X90. The amp will do 240 x2 @ 4 ohms and it costs $230.

You can't fix stupid

oh werd.

the sub says 750 Watt RMS Rated

does that mean that the 1200w amp would be too much for this sub, and i need to get a 750w amp?

That sub will handle 1,000+ just fine. RMS ratings aren't the end-all-be-all, man. If you know what you're doing you can throw 2 or 3 times more than rated power at a speaker. Besides, there are variables that come into play. After impedance rise & voltage drop, you're not going to get the full 1,200 watts from the Audioque amp anyway.

EDIT: Most amplifier ratings are done @ 14.4 volts. In your vehicle, your voltage will likely be lower than that. As voltage drops, so does power...

You can't fix stupid

Archived