newbie needs help with 2 Fi Q 12's

thomasb

I want to get 2 Fi Q 12's.

I have no idea about car audio.

Things i need to know.

Should the subs be dual 1 or 2 ohms.

Which amp should i get and where can i find it.

Whats should the box demensions be.

Anything else im missing.

Im sorry i know absolutly nothing.

Thanks guys for all your help.

I'd buy the 1 ohm dvc models and pick up the Audioque AQ2200D. As far as the enclosure is concerned, I'd probably do 3 or 3.25 cubes sealed.

The amp can be found at www.audioque.com.

You can't fix stupid

I'd buy the 1 ohm dvc models and pick up the Audioque AQ2200D. As far as the enclosure is concerned, I'd probably do 3 or 3.25 cubes sealed.

The amp can be found at www.audioque.com.

I'd do 4-5cubes @ 28hz.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I don't know if I would start out with Fi's but hey I regret buying all the newbie subs myself then now wanting to go big and wishing i never lost that money from reselling. But hey you're on the right track with Fi's!

I would get the dual 2 ohm, so you can wire them down to 1 ohm. Just google subwoofer wiring, or better yet go here. This'll tell you how to wire your sub for a 1 ohm load to your amp. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=1&I=22

I would look at Sundown, or AQ amps. They make quality tanks and they'll push more than they say they will. I would grab this amp, to push 2.2k watts to both subs. http://www.audioque.com/aq/?page_id=28 . Audioque makes great equipment... Little expensive, but you really get what you pay for.

You'll need to make your own enclousure, and tune it between 32-35 hrtz. So browse around the subwoofer and enclousure section and you can either find out how to make your own, or have someone design you one.

You'll also need to get yourself a new alternator, and do the big 3 upgrade. A new kinetik in the back wouldn't hurt either. a kinetik hc2000 would be perfect. Hit up Iraggi alternators and get a quote. Grab about 3 kits of 0/1 gauge from knnkonceptz. great shit man! I have 2 kits from them and love it. http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KFX-PK0

Also, load up on tons of ring terminals, heat shrink, and grab a blow torch to solder your ring terminals on. Make sure you use the reccommended fuses, and make good grounds.

Not too much more i can think of atm. if you need any more let us know!

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

whats the dvc model?

dvc = dual voice coil

You'd want to buy a pair of 1 ohm or 4 ohm dual voice coil subs so you can obtain a 1 ohm load.

You can't fix stupid

I'd do 4-5cubes @ 28hz.

There's nothing wrong with that, although I don't know why'd you want to tune so low, but there's nothing wrong with running them sealed either.

You can't fix stupid

Archived