My amp wont stay on. When it does the lights will dim. I think that its making the battery go low. Because if you let it charge for a while it will run ok. Im looking into a hi-po alt for my car. Does any of the vendors on here make an alternator my m30?

-jason

you dont need a new alternator for a "lame-ass 800watt amp". check for loose grounds and power connections. use a DMM and check the voltage of the battery when the amp is turning off and doing other stuff.

could be alt, or bad bat, right now im stuck cause both decided to take a dump on the same weekend, first it was the 10yr old bat, then the 21 yr old alt. im not throwing the alt away or selling it for the core. it will be hung up in my room lol.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

could be alt, or bad bat, right now im stuck cause both decided to take a dump on the same weekend, first it was the 10yr old bat, then the 21 yr old alt. im not throwing the alt away or selling it for the core. it will be hung up in my room lol.

well the battery tested ok, and supposedly the alternator did too.. but they didnt test the alternator under load

it showed 14.5 volts... but when i tested it a few days ago it only showed 12.5 with all the accessories running... and the amperage was wayyy low like 50 something

Hmm. stumped.

...............................____

...............__________|___\____

..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)____|____/_(O)

1978 F-150 Ranger Lariat

2 Sets of Sound-stream Components

Sony Head-unit

DDM Tuning 8000k's

Euro Headlights (Projectors Soon)

Green Led Wheel Wells

Dark Red Tails Tint

plenty

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator