I need a crash course in MECA rules and such!

alright, this saturday im going to my first MECA event... as far as i can tell im in the AS2 street class, although im going to try to get a smaller fuse and drop down to AS1... anyways my system consists of.

1 Sundown SA-12

1 Sundown SAE1200d @2ohm(600rms)

1 Verge 165watt for my highs

Stock alt

Stock battery under hood with an identical one in the trunk

Knukonceptz 1/0 for power and ground for SAE1200d and batteries

knukonceptz 8awg for verge amp

i have an anl fuse at each battery 60a

im going to try to find a 40a fuse so i can drop down to AS1 and atleast have a possibility of not getting my ass handed to me..lol

i would appreciate if you guys could give me a crash course in how my equipment needs to be set up(wires,fuses,ect)... and what to expect... ive read through the entire MECA 2010 rule book but it seems very vague... i would appreciate some specifics so i dont run into any problems when it comes time to get the show started... what are they picky about?

Edited by Rogers

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

I can ask questions if that will help get replys..lol

ok so the rules say if the system is below 145db, the operator can stay in the car but MUST WEAR EAR PROTECTION..

so what constitutes as ear protection? does it have to be muffs or can it be ear plugs?

How bad am i going to get my ass handed to me in AS2 if i cant find a 40a anl fuse to drop me to AS1?

I am on a MECA registered independent team... will they take my word for it or do i have to prove that i am on said team?

the rules say that there must be a fuse within 18 inches of the amplifier and all power sources leading to the amplifier...

ok so say my power wire is less than 18 inches long... can i just use one fuse for the wire? or do i have to have one infront of the battery and one infront of the amp?

it says all equipment is to be securely mounted... does this mean that the enclosure has to be bolted down?

what about my battery? i have a luggage style strap holding it in... the strap is sandwitched between a piece of steel and the unibody of my car... the strap goes decently snug, tight enough you cant get a finder under it... is this exceptable or do i need to do something differently?

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

Seriously? 24 hours and no help? wtf?

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

i sure appreciate your reply... i feel all alone here..lol... it kinda feels like the first day at a new job, and your getting dressed but nobody has told you what you can and cant wear or what type of work your going to do...lol...

i just want to have everything done and perfect with my system so that i dont have to make any changes... changes = time i wont have..lol

anyways, what about the box being bolted down? and i assume the fuseblocks need to be screwed down also? is this correct? the ones in the trunk will be screwed down, but the one under the hood isnt possible...its a straight(and short) shot from the battery through the firewall...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

i see u live in illinois, where is this event ur going to take place at ? im sure as long as ur stuff doesnt look like u just threw it in ( wires going left, right, and everyother direction) u should be fine.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

The show is in Tilton which is spitting distance from Danville(literally), right on route 1....

my wires aren't running every witch way but there is a lot of wire visible, i just so happens that my battery is on the same same side as my speaker wires, so basically i have

3 runs of 1/0 (1 from the front battery,2 going to my sub amp..1 pos. 1 neg.)

1 run of 8awg power wire for my highs amp (ground wire is in different location)

4 runs of 8awg power wire(used as speaker wire)

all crammed into a 5" wide space... i tried to organize them as best as possible, but it still looks like a pile of wires..lol... but it isnt hard to see what goes to what....

anyways tomorrow is my last day to get it all together, so i still need to know if the enclosure and fuse blocks must be bolted down...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

bump! this is my last day to get the car ready! ive got a bunch of shit to do... someone please toss in some quick pointers on how my equipment needs to be!!! ive already asked a few questions, and not much help... but thanks to those of you who did reply...

seriously, these are my key questions at this point...

1) does my enclosure HAVE to be bolted down?

2) Is a strap holding my battery in sufficient enough?

3) Can i use Bass Mechanik or bass drifters on my run? or does it have to be rap?

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

bump! this is my last day to get the car ready! ive got a bunch of shit to do... someone please toss in some quick pointers on how my equipment needs to be!!! ive already asked a few questions, and not much help... but thanks to those of you who did reply...

seriously, these are my key questions at this point...

1) does my enclosure HAVE to be bolted down?

2) Is a strap holding my battery in sufficient enough?

3) Can i use Bass Mechanik or bass drifters on my run? or does it have to be rap?

i dont believe your enclosure must be bolted down

batteries must be "secure"...you should be fine..make sure ur extra battery is secure though

if u run an amature class it must be music from a commercial cd with no cuss words(i think it can be burned/ipod...not 100% sure on that though)

for anything other than amature you can use tones.

amature is car off and i 'think' the meter must be in the drivers seat

you can leave ur current fusing as long as you make sure you add another fuse (based on your class) is within 18" of your amp

edit: with that amp at 2 ohms u should be able to run AS1 no problem..no problem

Edited by andym85

i likes me some audio stuff...