Sonic Electronix

03 Dodge Ram Quadcab - Old RE sx15s

Well I bit the bullet and went out and purchased the first of many audio upgrades for the truck. I prolly do not know what I have really gotten myself into, but my main goal is to pull off some hairtricks with wifey so I can find another way to annoy her. With that said ...

My first goal is to get these subs tested. I have a feeling one of them is not in proper working order. I wired one up to an amp I had laying around and it had a cracking sound. I dont have any type of equipment, but if I take it to a shop, what kind of test can they perform to test the condition of the sub? If the one sub is not working correctly then I guess for now im going with a single 15 setup.

For the moment, I plan on running the setup off an old audiobahn monoblock amp I have laying here. Plan on getting a sundown soon! Or if you think you have something better to recommend, I am all ears.

Heres the pics of the new (to me) twins.

sideviewsubs.jpg

topviewsubs.jpg

test the speaker leads with a dmm make sure the coils are okay are they dual 4's or 2's? and no hairtrick with this setup though it will shake everything around and in the truck if done right with the right power and enclosure that should annoy the wifey unless she's a bass head to

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

Archived