Sundown Audio

Clamped my amps*updated 8/21/2010*

PUNKYOU007

Yes, surely is the box, but it actually doesn´t look bad at all, 5.25 c/f per sub after displacement it´s ok, has a good distance from the back hatch and everything. You resined the box internally? is it stiff or those bracing are working great?

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

but unstrapping them will bring the rise down a little bit, because its not starting as high. at this point every little bit helps

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Yes, it would help, but i honestly don´t think he would bring 2 ohms down the impedance just by doing that, but as everything on this audio world, trial and error!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

i think he could drop 1ohm by doing that, but no, not 2ohm

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

yeah mang unstrap them amps itll help a lil bit. speakin of a different setup when i had my 2 audiopipe 3k on my 2 xl i was louder runnin each coil to each channel vs runnin them at 2 ohms each on each amp.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

I will def unstrap the amps and see what happens.

Also do you think if I flip the subs over, will this change anything as far as rise goes?. I am sure it will change the tuning a little by adding the displacement of the subs into the box.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Did you read my link and theres even a niffty calculator at the end of page 2.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/23462-check-actual-ouput-of-an-amplifier/

Do not use peak hold. You will get peak ratings and no way in hell will your amp produce that wattage number for 3 to 5 seconds.

Those numbers are from a peak hit while the caps are discharging. Peak wattage like jensen amp wattage specs. LOL

The proper way to do it is just to be real fast and read both numbers at the same time.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Did you read my link and theres even a niffty calculator at the end of page 2.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/23462-check-actual-ouput-of-an-amplifier/

Do not use peak hold. You will get peak ratings and no way in hell will your amp produce that wattage number for 3 to 5 seconds.

Those numbers are from a peak hit while the caps are discharging. Peak wattage like jensen amp wattage specs. LOL

The proper way to do it is just to be real fast and read both numbers at the same time.

I sure did read that, thanks! It really helped me. Honestly it had me hella intimidated at first but once i got in the truck and gave it a try it wasnt so bad. I feel comfortable doing it now. No peak hold for me. I just had my wife write down the DC volts while I burped it and looked at the DMM and Clamp.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

For this your first numbers:

Freq---VAC---Amps----VDC

-30----151.2-----24------13

equals 6.3 ohms and 3628.8 watts

Is it not supossed to be that powerful?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

I sure did read that, thanks! It really helped me. Honestly it had me hella intimidated at first but once i got in the truck and gave it a try it wasnt so bad. I feel comfortable doing it now. No peak hold for me. I just had my wife write down the DC volts while I burped it and looked at the DMM and Clamp.

Good, good.

Did you try out the calculator yet as it will figure out you ohms and your wattage so you don't have to do the math your self?

Terryswork001.png

Archived