Sundown Audio

Amplifier won't shut off

edog

My mmats amp will not shut off,but after about 10 minutes it goes into protect.When I turn it back on it only comes out of protection when I turn the volume up and really pump the subs.Then its fine ,but it will not shut off even if i remove the remote wire.The only way it shuts off is to remove the power wire or ground.

2001 Southern Comfort Suburban sittin on 26"s

Eclipse 6620 double din head unit (2004 dash mod)

4-AQ 3500D amps @1 ohm

8-Cadence 6.5 midbass 4- in each door.

Image Dynamics Cd 1 pro HLCD

4-runs of KnuKoncepts 1/0 power wire

4-DC AUDIO lvl 4 xl 18"s in a wall

2-MECHMAN 270 AMP alternators(2 more on the way)xs power VCM

7-Deka intimidator group 31 batts(soon to be Xs power)

2-Rockford Fosgate Prime r300.4(1 bridged on mids, 2nd on CD1 horns and rear door speakers)

1-Rockford Fosgate 360.2(operated by Palm tungsten T5)My link

My mmats amp will not shut off,but after about 10 minutes it goes into protect.When I turn it back on it only comes out of protection when I turn the volume up and really pump the subs.Then its fine ,but it will not shut off even if i remove the remote wire.The only way it shuts off is to remove the power wire or ground.

i wouldnt keep using it to keep from damaging it futher. and contact warranty or repair company some thing went out needs repairing

sounds like the remote turn on has fused with the power input are they side by side? it happens to amps that have the power and remote turn on next to each other stop using it and get it repaired

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

my GF amp does the same thing only it never cuts off. The relay in the power block [+rem-] has arced and fused together. If you can take the cover off and seperate the little tiny metal strip that gets magnetized when the rem wire is hot it should fix it.... Theoretically that is. It works when i do that to regular relays all the time. IDK how easy it is to get to yours though. REPAIR shop def.

She just takes the fuse out of her amp though. It's a craptastic kenwood 600.2 though. She has to pull it to keep her bat charged of course. I can't get into her power block to fix it with out pulling the whole board of the chassis.

JVC AVX-44 and 360.2

Subs: 2 RF T1 12s 1ohm mono off a RF T1500bdcp 80hz \/ in a 2.3cube 45hz slot port

Mids: 2 O2 8's off a Punch 550.2 behind seat, 2 Image Cxs 6.5's and 2 ID XS 6x9s 80-3khz in doors on a T600.2

Highs: 2 ID CD.1 MH HLCD 8ohm off a RF 400.4 3khz /\