Sonic Electronix

i have a new mb quart dcs 1500 and it turns on but it wont work. let me explain everything about my setup just so someone can help me.

Big 3 done in knu 1/0

power and ground done in 2 gauge welding cable

150 amp anl stinger fuse and fuse holder

pioneer DEH P480MP head unit

Custom 12in woofer made by ssackett rated 1500rms its dual 2ohm coils, have them wired parallel to 1ohm which is perfect for the amp.

and 1991 cadillac seville with 120amp alternator

So everything turns on the amp turns on its in power mode not in protect, but no matter what i do the sub will not play, and i know the sub works since i hooked it up to my friends amp once already to make sure and both coils read a perfect 2.0 on the DMM. I dont know what to do i've tested the RCA's even tried a different pair of RCA's. also this is a brand new amp from sonic electronics. its the 2nd one i have got because this same thing happened to me a month ago and i just sent the amp back for a replacement thinking it was a defect. Thank you to anyone who can help me i appreciate it alot.

I read a thread @ caraudio.com about the same thing. That guy bought his amp from sonicelectronix as well.

I'm guessing they got a bad shipment of dsc1500.1's.

Just holler at them monday and they'll surely replace the amp.

Edited by chud

You can't fix stupid

yeah i figured it was just a defect as well but i mean i already sent one in and got another new one what are the chances that i could get 2 defective amps. and now they are ripping me off because i have to pay shipping back to them again not to mention time, it took over a month to get this amp after sending in my defective one. this is such bs man.

yeah i figured it was just a defect as well but i mean i already sent one in and got another new one what are the chances that i could get 2 defective amps. and now they are ripping me off because i have to pay shipping back to them again not to mention time, it took over a month to get this amp after sending in my defective one. this is such bs man.

This kind of stuff happens from time to time. It's already happened to you twice, and you're the second person that I've seen complaining about it, so I'm firmly believing that sonicelectronix has indeed received some bad amps. I'd consider going in a different direction or purchasing the amp elsewhere.

vminnovations has good prices on discus series amplifiers.

You can't fix stupid

alright man well thanks for the input guess ill have to call those fucks again on monday.

It sucks, but unfortunately this crap happens sometimes.

I'd ask them about covering the shipping costs. It shouldn't be your responsiblity to ship damaged amps back and forth to them...

You can't fix stupid

i wish i could pick up something better just don't have the funds i have a baby boy about to be born within the next week. im only 19 just trying to make things work but i wanted to keep some car audio just 1 nice 12 i picked up for a good deal a while back so its hard right now man.