well im looking for a new car and came across this 2002 camaro ss that im seriously considering purchasing. i noticed something really strange after looking at the pictures.....the turbo and intake are mounted at the back of the car where the muffler normally mounts on these vehicles. now i dont really know anything about turbos but would there be a specific reason for doing this. the only reasons i can see is that the intake is far away from any heat source and that there might not have been room in the engine bay for it. besides that im stumped anyone have an idea?

2390036273.jpg

2390036272.jpg

2390036274.jpg

2390036275.jpg

it was designed for the heat reason and for certain cars mainly imports with space issues under the hood.

its been arounf for a while but my opinion i think you would have seriouse turbo lag trying to build boost quickly through 15ft of tubing under the car

it was designed for the heat reason and for certain cars mainly imports with space issues under the hood.

its been arounf for a while but my opinion i think you would have seriouse turbo lag trying to build boost quickly through 15ft of tubing under the car

thats what i was thinking im pretty sure the ls1 are the same size wise to the lt1's under the hood but if they are i could see how space would be a big issue. as far as lag goes i dont think it would be that big of a concern if it took alot longer than normal, the guy said he had it dynoed before the turbo was put on and it was doing 520 at the wheels so its gonna get up and go anyways.

when you add a power adder such as turbo/supercharger or nitrous you want that power as soon as you hit the gas. thats why gail banks designed the variable 0 lag turbo. its technology.

why spend the prolly $3000 on that turbo kit if you step on the gas and it takes even just a few seconds to build boost and go. those few seconds will have you seeing taillights if your racing. and if your not getting a 500+hp car on motor + a turbocharger to race why get it. Just my opinion