2 18inch btls in a wall

Today I took out my box for my btl's and I think I want to build a wall. For a wall in a car what frequency and port area should I be shooting for? I was thinking something like 14 cubic feet and tuned to 32 hertz with about 300 square inches of port area(for daily driving). I have just ripped out my box that was to my window line and want to do a bigger and badder build but I wanted to hear what other people think before I start. This is going into a Mercury Grand Marquis. I have never built a wall, but I have watched many builds on this forum and any tips appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate

from what i understand walls are not for the faint of heart once your start your fucked till your finished but the finished product is amazing im not 100% on tuning and port area but it seems to me the same basic principles apply in the same way as a regular box but i might be wrong on that

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

from what i understand walls are not for the faint of heart once your start your fucked till your finished but the finished product is amazing im not 100% on tuning and port area but it seems to me the same basic principles apply in the same way as a regular box but i might be wrong on that

Yeah it is the same principles to my knowledge, but I hear from some people they like to lower the frequency when building a wall. I think for more air flow.

Well my wall for 2 BTL 18s is 13.75cubes, 35hz tune, and 200" or port. Could probably use a little bit more port area. Here it is:

DSC00293.jpg

I did mine simple, just built a huge box and made trim panels. Maybe not the 'best' way, but simple for me. This is in an 01 Impala. Don't be afraid to tune a bit higher, like 34-35hz. With the box you listed, how long is your port going to be?

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3

Well my wall for 2 BTL 18s is 13.75cubes, 35hz tune, and 200" or port. Could probably use a little bit more port area. Here it is:

DSC00293.jpg

I did mine simple, just built a huge box and made trim panels. Maybe not the 'best' way, but simple for me. This is in an 01 Impala. Don't be afraid to tune a bit higher, like 34-35hz. With the box you listed, how long is your port going to be?

Hey your wall looks good man! I do not know what the length of my port is going to be at this moment and I have not decided on whether I am going to build a box outside of the car and then take my door off like my last build (except this time make trim panels and seal) or build the wall in my car. What are the dimensions of your box? One thing I know for sure is that I am going to position my port at the top like yours and put the subs on the bottom.

I believe my internal dimensions are 46 x 32 x 20. The box is double layered on all sides. It was assembled inside of the car. Some people have issues with how I did mine, others don't. Could it be louder? Definitely, but it's still pretty loud and it does an awesome hairtrick.

2001 Chevy Impala

Eclipse CD7200 mkii

Cactus Sounds 5kw

Sundown 100.4

(2) Fi BTL 18s (walled)

ID 6.5s (2 sets)

Iraggi 320 amp Alt

XS Power Batts

KnuKonceptz Wiring

MidwestSPL Scores:

152.0 Advanced 2

136.1 Extreme 3