Mac Mini Questions. (Update: Display Adapter Questions)

Right now I have a Dell Dimension 2400 (Old school - base model - nothing special). I was wanting to get with my first Mac operating computer, and thinking of going with the Mac Mini 2.26 GHz and 2GB RAM. Is it good for daily tasks (Youtube, uploading pics, surfing the web, etc.)? Or should I go with another Dell Desktop, (Probably an Inspiron with 4 GB RAM and Intel® Pentium® dual-core E5400 2.7GHz)for about the same price with a monitor?

Does the mac mini play Youtube Vids in HD?

Any complaints or likes from users?

Edited by iTech

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Right now I have a Dell Dimension 2400 (Old school - base model - nothing special). I was wanting to get with my first Mac operating computer, and thinking of going with the Mac Mini 2.26 GHz and 2GB RAM. Is it good for daily tasks (Youtube, uploading pics, surfing the web, etc.)? Or should I go with another Dell Desktop, (Probably an Inspiron with 4 GB RAM and Intel® Pentium® dual-core E5400 2.7GHz)for about the same price with a monitor?

Does the mac mini play Youtube Vids in HD?

Any complaints or likes from users?

dell is garbage!!!if your looking for pc and dont have more than a grand go with hp.but if you have money to burn definently dont go with dell.everyone ive known thats had a dell will never buy from them again even the xps series is just gaming garbage

Guest DC Power Kyle

Mac Mini is fast as hell for being a little computer. I have it... love it. If you're not concerned with gaming then DO ITTTTT.

Guest DC Power Kyle

Mac mini is fully capable of playing HD YouTube Movies. Just get the 899 one.

• 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  • 4GB memory
  • 320GB hard drive1
  • 8x double-layer SuperDrive
  • NVIDIA GeForce 9400M graphics
  • Mac OS X Snow Leopard

The emachine bundle Walmart has right now is actually a decent computer. With a couple inexpensive upgrades it can be a decent gaming rig. http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=ET1331G-05w

Of course you could build a much better PC for the same price, but some people still don't know how to do stuff like that.

You can't fix stupid

dell is garbage!!!if your looking for pc and dont have more than a grand go with hp.but if you have money to burn definently dont go with dell.everyone ive known thats had a dell will never buy from them again even the xps series is just gaming garbage

I used the same Dell Inspiron for over 7 years with no issues. I finally replaced it because it was just too damn old to do anything with anymore. I still use it as a jukebox in my garage.

You can't fix stupid

Mac Mini is fast as hell for being a little computer. I have it... love it. If you're not concerned with gaming then DO ITTTTT.

Thanks that definitely the answer I was hoping for. I've never owned or really operated a Mac (Because of price) so I definitely want to step into Mac territory now. Gaming is not a concern since I use a PS3 for that,

tech2332.png

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my Dell. It's a little old an outdated but still runs fine. My dad's Dell desktop is from 1997, still running Windows 98SE and has absolutely nothing wrong with that either. But our HP desktop from 1999 that took a shit two years after we got it and it's still broken.

Mac Mini on the way! Along with the Logitech DiNovo Wireless Keyboard (Mac Edition) and picking up a Magic Mouse tomorrow! Feels like Christmas. :yahoo::santa:

Cool, congrats! Once you get familiar with the mac, can you make a post of what OS you like more and why? I'm thinking about making the switch too

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power