Second Skin Audio

If i read correctly maybe i didnt, i thought the only thing wrong with the foil was, it was cut a little longer and it was the wrong color , and that was the only reason its being sold as b-stock. Maybe i read wrong, but i ordered another 36sq ft of it myself to good of a deal to let go only for some wrong color foil, and taking a couple extra seconds to trim the foil. idk what ur putting urs in but 1 complete layer in my trunk of my 06 impala was 40sq ft. if that will give u an idea on what u'll use.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

If i read correctly maybe i didnt, i thought the only thing wrong with the foil was, it was cut a little longer and it was the wrong color , and that was the only reason its being sold as b-stock. Maybe i read wrong, but i ordered another 36sq ft of it myself to good of a deal to let go only for some wrong color foil, and taking a couple extra seconds to trim the foil. idk what ur putting urs in but 1 complete layer in my trunk of my 06 impala was 40sq ft. if that will give u an idea on what u'll use.

No, the foil is a little thinner than what Ant's specs say. Yes wrong color and cut longer. Still a good deal, so I didn't turn it down! This is going in an '05 neon, so probably 1/2 - 1/3 the size of the impala trunk, lol. But I'm thinking about doing all doors, trunk, roof, and if I have some less some on the floor too! But my trunk sounds hella bad!

No, the foil is a little thinner than what Ant's specs say. Yes wrong color and cut longer. Still a good deal, so I didn't turn it down! This is going in an '05 neon, so probably 1/2 - 1/3 the size of the impala trunk, lol. But I'm thinking about doing all doors, trunk, roof, and if I have some less some on the floor too! But my trunk sounds hella bad!

I would worry about ur trunk and roof first, then what ever u have left over start on the floor. putting it in the key areas of the floor first then working ur way out.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)

I would worry about ur trunk and roof first, then what ever u have left over start on the floor. putting it in the key areas of the floor first then working ur way out.

OK, thanks for the tip! Now I just have to figure out how to take my headliner out without f-ing too much stuff up! Also I have some hard to reach areas in my trunk lid that I can't get my hands into so would I just want to cover up these areas or should I get some great stuff expanding foam to fill in this area first then cover it? Will this matter?

OK, thanks for the tip! Now I just have to figure out how to take my headliner out without f-ing too much stuff up! Also I have some hard to reach areas in my trunk lid that I can't get my hands into so would I just want to cover up these areas or should I get some great stuff expanding foam to fill in this area first then cover it? Will this matter?

U could use great stuff for it i know when i pull the back plastic peice surrounding the latch in my trunk there was a inner part i couldnt get so i put poly fill in it then the SS around the outside then put my plastic back on.

So either Great Stuff or Poly fill most likely if u dont mind it i would go with the GS, poly fill is flammable so its best that its hidden and kept away from heat and ignition sources.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)