Tiny Build for a Tiny car... xD

mkay well i am currently running with just 6x9s off of my head unit because i blew up my amp a few times and now cba fixing it...

so i ordered a new shitty 3kW peak amp due to my extremely tight budget, sux to be a Student :(

so here is what i have to work with...

1x Kicker L7 Solobaric dual 4ohm

2x Vibe SEK 69's 4ohm

and on the way

1x Cougar 3000W Peak 3/4/5/6 channel amp

i plan to built a 2+ Cu Ft box that will sit in the bottom of my boot as i like to have some boot space left lol

i did up a few designs in Solid works so ill post pix of that to let you know what it should look like and you can then laugh at how much the final product looks nothing like it rofl.gif

2yl4j2q.jpg

16hn955.jpg

zxnxh0.jpg

so let me know what u think bout the design and where you think my port should be :)

Well i Started on the built today...

Now before anyone says anything about the size of the wood, i know its only half inch... i don't want any bigger, i figure if i brace the box right it will be fine...

So first up, the tools :)

28ksydy.jpg

the base of the box

jpef4l.jpg

10zzi2q.jpg

2940u3m.jpg

oiul2.jpg

well thats all i got done today, too lazy to do any more lol

Live life to the full... Then TURN THAT BITCH UP!

291nldv.png

mkay well i am currently running with just 6x9s off of my head unit because i blew up my amp a few times and now cba fixing it...

so i ordered a new shitty 3kW peak amp due to my extremely tight budget, sux to be a Student :(

so here is what i have to work with...

1x Kicker L7 Solobaric dual 4ohm

2x Vibe SEK 69's 4ohm

and on the way

1x Cougar 3000W Peak 3/4/5/6 channel amp

i plan to built a 2+ Cu Ft box that will sit in the bottom of my boot as i like to have some boot space left lol

i did up a few designs in Solid works so ill post pix of that to let you know what it should look like and you can then laugh at how much the final product looks nothing like it rofl.gif

2yl4j2q.jpg

16hn955.jpg

zxnxh0.jpg

so let me know what u think bout the design and where you think my port should be :)

What are you refering to the boot? I don't understand you? And idk? Not the kind of box i would of built for an L7 but it will work. Idk what kind of vehicle it's going in so idk about the port. Usually port up or back is nice.

What are you refering to the boot? I don't understand you? And idk? Not the kind of box i would of built for an L7 but it will work. Idk what kind of vehicle it's going in so idk about the port. Usually port up or back is nice.

the boot is the trunk, excuse my idiocy i didnt take into account the americanism of this website lol, Im Irish...

its for a peugeot 205, what kind of box would you have built for an L7?

291nldv.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well I built the box and shit, no-one seemed interested in the built so I didn't put up built photos, here's the finished product instead... Dave the box guy helped me figure out the tuning so big up Dave :)

DIGI0018.jpg

DIGI0017.jpg

DIGI0011.jpg

DIGI0010.jpg

DIGI0009.jpg

DIGI0008.jpg

291nldv.png

nice build. I like that idea, when you close the trunk does the cover affect the sound of the sub?

nope :) its quite a thin parcel shelf so doesn't make a huge difference :)

291nldv.png

is that box ported or sealed......cause i see an opening (port?) .......why didnt u build a regular slotport box....

otherwise ....good lookin :drink40:

its ported. i was considering doing a slot port but i found a big piece of 4" drainage piping and thought what the hell, ill jst use this :P

thanks btw :)

291nldv.png

• 3 months later...

Archived