Offical Carbon Fiber Thread

this is his build log if any one cares, be nice to get some more input, maybe some vids or something!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/57938-new-eclipse-spyder-build-2k-hifoincs-12-hd-audioque/page__hl__bassboy69

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Robola's BMW. He has some amazing custom carbon fiber work.

Robola's build thread!

Saw this awhile agon and its pretty sick. But common there has got to be someone who knows where to get good cf for somewhat cheap???? ANY help would be amazing.... thanks

24v1fe8.png

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

hey guys, sorry for being so late.. I started a new job and they have been working me to the bone, now its slowed down and I pick my own hours.

Yes, I still do carbon fiber and other materials.

I do not do any vacuum bagging - Its not cheap to do just for the vacuum alone is a lot, along with all the other matterial needed to make a part of pure carbon.

Im not into saving a ton of weight and blowing tons of cash,

So yeah, I just wrap existing parts in my car, the reason why is, its cheap! And when im done I know the part will fit back to where it was removed from.

I have done many parts in my car and for other people as well. you will need to spend some money to get the right parts to do it right. its hard work and takes a little skill to master.

If anyone wants me to make videos or write detail steps to do stuff just post and let me know.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

hey guys, sorry for being so late.. I started a new job and they have been working me to the bone, now its slowed down and I pick my own hours.

Yes, I still do carbon fiber and other materials.

I do not do any vacuum bagging - Its not cheap to do just for the vacuum alone is a lot, along with all the other matterial needed to make a part of pure carbon.

Im not into saving a ton of weight and blowing tons of cash,

So yeah, I just wrap existing parts in my car, the reason why is, its cheap! And when im done I know the part will fit back to where it was removed from.

I have done many parts in my car and for other people as well. you will need to spend some money to get the right parts to do it right. its hard work and takes a little skill to master.

If anyone wants me to make videos or write detail steps to do stuff just post and let me know.

dude if you made a video id be the happiest person ever! detailed steps are just as good, and where do you buy your carbon fiber from?

24v1fe8.png

Carbon fiber is hard to work with. Most of the time you need to vacuum bag it which helps pull the resin through the fibers as well as gets out air bubbles.

google carbon fiber toilet.

Based on what TWILL of carbon you use.. will determine the difficulty you'll have wrapping a part. However if people are truly interested to learn, I will show you how to avoid dealing with hard and tight corners.

Some twill's / "the pattern of the weave" / are made for parts with corners and some are made for flat parts and strength.

also what can make carbon a pain to work with is how heavy it is,.. as a material alone - you can buy it in a lite and heavy twills, kind of like thick and thin, and that will make a huge difference and tight corners.

like me I use a high grade resin thats Pure epoxy, and thats rare to find on the market as so many company's use fillers in the jugs to make you think you are getting more Volume when in fact your buying a low grade resin.

the resin I use is pure and is design to eliminate all bubbles, However most of the time bubbles are created by the person mixing the resin, and there are alot of aspects to consider before mixing and resin,

you have to be indoors.

you have to keep a certain room temp.

you will have to have a nice air purifier for air born dust.

you area must be extremely clean, with no room traffic.

and a few other things. overall I never have bubble issues,

you will need to use timers and digital scales, you have to mix A&B resins just right.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

dude if you made a video id be the happiest person ever! detailed steps are just as good, and where do you buy your carbon fiber from?

I get it from a guy off ebay, I have used him many many times, and he never folds the material, he rolls it and ships it in a tube, also the ship time is about 3 days.

I will post his link to his material, he sells 50" wide by 36" length, and if you buy more you save money and he will send you one long roll.

I will gather up all the info "shit list" and post it asap

Ill work on getting a video as well.

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

I get it from a guy off ebay, I have used him many many times, and he never folds the material, he rolls it and ships it in a tube, also the ship time is about 3 days.

I will post his link to his material, he sells 50" wide by 36" length, and if you buy more you save money and he will send you one long roll.

I will gather up all the info "shit list" and post it asap

Ill work on getting a video as well.

ok, and thanks SOOO much dude! :yahoo:

24v1fe8.png

The person he speaks of with the eclipse is Bassboy69. I met him in February at a competition and he does good work very cool guy. Also they put him in X1(meca event I think) they said that the carbon fiber would like help gain db's or somethin also cause he didnt have the backseat as if it was a fold down seat. He won phat ride and there was some very nice fancy cars like I a tahoe with I think there called floating rims there sorta like spinners. Hope this was somewhat helpful

Hey! thanks for the kind words, I try to be nice to anyone I meet as I am a respectful person.

Yeah I got put in x1 and won lol of course, however I wanted to do Amateur street 2, for some reson on the MECA web site I am the first place winner in the as2 category. Beating out second place for 2.7 dbs - I did 140.8 with the windows up, SO far iv done a 143.9 with one window down. I kick ass in a drop top lol.

I will be trying to fit 2-12" aq's on 4000 / 4500 watts with a custom made huge aero port,

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Hey! thanks for the kind words, I try to be nice to anyone I meet as I am a respectful person.

Yeah I got put in x1 and won lol of course, however I wanted to do Amateur street 2, for some reson on the MECA web site I am the first place winner in the as2 category. Beating out second place for 2.7 dbs - I did 140.8 with the windows up, SO far iv done a 143.9 with one window down. I kick ass in a drop top lol.

I will be trying to fit 2-12" aq's on 4000 / 4500 watts with a custom made huge aero port,

Hey I want a demo of this when its finished and if you need help one weekend let me know. I dont have a job. So I have lot of free time. Im always willing to learn new stuff about car audio especially box building.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Archived